Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I have to make the most awful decision ever and I dont know what to do.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry, what an awful position to be in. I hope your doctors are able to give you some guidance in mkaing your decision. Whatever your decision, it's the right one for you.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

So very sorry, what a difficult decision to have to make, only you know what the right decision will be, but we are thinking of you and and praying for little Cailum.
    Pam

and my two special boys Jasper age 13 and Ollie age 3.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a hard question to answer but if I used my head and not my heart, I would try the operation and leave the vet to decide if it's better to let him go while under the anesthetic. It seems it's his only chance. The horrible thing is, you don't have much time to decide and come to terms with it. I'll say a prayer for you. I'm so sorry
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

What a difficult decision, you're in our thoughts and prayers.
    Carol

Proud Mummy to Kaley, 9 year old Tricolour
    Sonny ,Blen ( at the Bridge)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by *Pauline* View Post
    It's a hard question to answer but if I used my head and not my heart, I would try the operation and leave the vet to decide if it's better to let him go while under the anesthetic. It seems it's his only chance. The horrible thing is, you don't have much time to decide and come to terms with it. I'll say a prayer for you. I'm so sorry
    Deborah,

I am thinking like Pauline on Callum's problem, give him the chance, just remember Callum won't know what is going on.

Bet
    Bet (Hargreaves)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by *Pauline* View Post
    Me too I know how you are feeling
    ---Aileen
    cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky & Sam & Jake
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference. Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like

On the other hand, I got an email from a friend today saying a cancer had been removed from her dog but a lot of muscle was taken with it and the dog was now limping. I hope the vet considers the outcome with regard to quality of life post-op.

I don't want to influence any decision here, just saying what's on my mind.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry about Callum and the decision you must make about the operation. Only you can make this hard decision and I know that whatever you decide will be the best for your Callum.

Sending hugs to you and Callum.

Heather R

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for the kind words, Cailum joined the doggy angels this evening around 6pm, he fell asleep in my arms and we brought him home and buried him under the swing in the back garden, I am so upset but I know I made the right decision for him. I couldn't let him suffer anymore.
    Deborah & Cailum

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by deborah View Post
    Thank you all for the kind words, Cailum joined the doggy angels this evening around 6pm, he fell asleep in my arms and we brought him home and buried him under the swing in the back garden, I am so upset but I know I made the right decision for him. I couldn't let him suffer anymore.

Oh Deborah,

I feel such sadness and tears always come whenever someone tells us news of a precious baby flying to the angels. I cant imagine how you must be feeling but the fact that you feel you made the right decision will give you some peace in your heart I do hope.
    My thoughts are with you and your family

Karen

Ruby - my stunning soul mate who defies the odds every day
    Charlie- my angel at heart and devil at play