• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Mvd

I am so sorry you had come to the point where you needed to say goodbye. I know just what you are facing as I am close to that point with one of mine, and go through the ups and downs you describe well. It is a horrible condition and takes away too many dogs, too soon. I am so glad you found it of special help to be there through to the end–sometimes people feel they might not have the courage and are afraid to be there, but I really think that not only does it make a difference to your long-time companion to have that company just as they stood by us for so many years, but it actually brings a sense of peace and closure to be there to bear witness.

Please make a post if you'd like in our memorial section where you could include some photographs, if you feel you would like to do this at any time in the future.:flwr:

So sorry to hear that you have had to give Charlie his wings. Thinking of you at this sad time.:hug:

I'm so sorry to read about Charlie, you gave him a wonderful new life and he was obviously very much loved. He will have known that :l*v:.

So very sad to hear this news :( You did everything you could for him and he was lucky to know such love and care.

In time you will be able to look back and remember the happy times.

Thinking of you :flwr:

So very sad to hear this news :( You did everything you could for him and he was lucky to know such love and care.

In time you will be able to look back and remember the happy times.

Thinking of you :flwr:

MVD

It is a Grim Day when you have to Bite The Bullet,but you know when it's the Best for Charley.

Bet

1 year anniversary

I haven't been here for a long while - but wanted to acknowledge Charlie, my faithful companion, who left us a year ago yesterday. I still haven't been able to move on to home a new KC but my son wrote a poem which I wanted to share with you. My heart goes out to all who have lost to this terrible condition, I know that Charlie is waiting patiently for us at the bridge and I'll bet he still has his "helicopter waggy tail" :)

A poem to my companion - Charlie.
One year today in luxury.

I know boy, your in a better place,
But if only once I could see your face,
I think about you every day,
I wish it wasn't to end this way,
1 year ago seems a short time,
But it seems forever since I heard your chime,
If I had one wish i'd bring you back,
In my life it's only you I lack,
Though to others it seems like nothing much,
I even miss your fur to touch,
Every morning I look at the sky,
Hoping one day I could fly,
Just to spend some time with you,
I hope to see you some time soon.

I love and miss you dearly,
Yours sincerely,
Your loving owner and friend.
R.I.P Charlie.

That's really lovely -- what a caring son! Thank you for sharing it with us, and I know you'll be in the thoughts of many here, on Charlie's one year anniversary.

What a beautiful tribute to Charlie, who is still loved and missed so much. I went back and read your post from the beginning and it sounds so much like what I am going through with my Sydney. It's such a heartbreaking disease but makes all the days we have with them even more special.

Your family and Charlie are in my thoughts today.

What a beautiful and moving poem. The first anniversary is always hard.

I'm pleased that you were able to visit and share this with us, and hope that one day you will be able to open your hearts to another dog.

Back