• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Leo: bad SM session yesterday

Thinking about you and Leo - and will reiterate what you and everyone else has said - that it is so good that he was with you. I'm glad he's more comfortable now. And at least you have Clare working for him to make him as comfortable as possible. Couldn't ask for better medical help. I hope none of my dogs ever has a session like that!

Hi Karlin,
I have just seen this and was very distressed to hear what your beautiful Leo went through. I can't even imagine what you went through. Thank God he's feeling better now.

I'm sorry to hear that Karlin,hopefully the new meds will keep the problem under control for the medium to long term.I was very surprised to hear about the murmur and the grade.
Glad to hear the that pain episode has passed.
Sins

Thanks for the kind thoughts. Dr rusbridge said a lot of cavaliers with SM seemed to have problems during that week of very warm but changeable weather in the UK.

I think that's very true, Karlin - my Megan certainly struggled a bit. She just seeks out the coolest, darkest place in the house and stays there and I try not to disturb her in this warm weather. If I do have to take her anywhere, she doesn't look very happy.

Glad to hear you have discovered the delights of Ilfracombe and North Devon - my stepchildren lived in mid Devon for many years and we used to take them very regularly up to the North Devon coast in the motorhome when they were young enough to allow themselves to go with us! Marvellous coastline and fascinating lanes and villages.

Do hope Leo is back to his old self now and you won't have any more horrible experiences like that one :wggle:

I'm just catching up; I'm so sorry this happened to you and Leo. I'm glad to read he's feeling better now, and that you were able to find a vet who could help him quickly. Hope he continues to improve. :flwr:

Back