Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HOMED: Young Male CKC x Ashton Pound

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

Just a little update on this fella who we have named Jimmy (he wasn't answering to anything!!) I collected him yesterday and brought him to the vets for a checkover. He is a cavalier cocker cross and is about one year old. He was in ok shape, teeth and nails and coat fine. He is quite thin so is on puppy food to build him up a little and is also on tablets for kennel cough (which I think is more distressing for us listening to his poor little chest) but he has been getting quite a bit of phlegm up since last night so fingers crossed its lifting. When I brought him into the house he had a big drink of water and hopped on his bed, he literally slept up til 11pm then when we put him down he didnt really want to be left alone in his bed so my hubby put a cd on and sat with him til he dropped off. Not a peep out of him all night and we went for a quick walk this morning and hes now passed out on his blanket beside me. Jimmy is a little beauty and likes to follow you around to make sure everything is ok- I started to do some cleaning a while ago and he watched for about 5 mins then decided his blankie was far more fun to have a little rest on. Going to let him just rest up as much as he wants for the next day or so with some gentle walks thrown in then see how he is...I think hes a bit brighter today anyway and I really think he will definitely benefit from classes as he doesnt really appear to have any knowledge of words etc, perhaps his last owners didnt engage with him. Overall he is unbelievably good (Im getting the feeling hes housetrained, or at least Im really really hoping he is!! but he has not gone to the loo in the house and just goes when you let him outside or marking all the trees on our walk)
    I will keep you all posted as to his progress and would just like to say a special thanks to Louise1823 for being the answerer of 50 million questions from me...endless texts and for helping me get doggy bits in so we were ready for him.

Jenny

Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant to know this chap is doing so well, he was in Ashton for quite a while so the KC is not unusual. Because he's got a bug and has been in a very stressful environment for so long he will prob do quite a lot of sleeping and eating, so don't worry He may have dodgy poos too, bugs travel like wildfire in a pound environment and a runny tummy is very common. The antibiotics for the KC and good food will clear this up in no time!

Would love to see some pics

Post Thanks / Like

Ah poor little boy. That's good to know Jimmy is safe with you Pops!

Post Thanks / Like

Well done, Pops - you are a true angel.

I too would love to see more photos of Jimmy if you can manage it. He sounds quite a character already.
    Marie-Anne taken over by
    Hattie (Blenheim) Poppy (Blenheim) + Lucy (Shih-tzu)
    Louie, Joss, Peppa, Megan, Victoria all waiting patiently at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Jen & Jimmy
    Tell Jimmy hurry up and get well cos Rex cant wait to have a playdate

Post Thanks / Like

ah playdates with your rexy soon michelle. i cant quite get the hang of how you put up pics on this...i have a few on facebook so if anyone can explain it to me in very simple terms that would be great.
    jimmy had a good weekend, and unbelievably saturday and sunday night there was nothing left on the floor for me the next morning (he got lots of icky stuff up on friday night but not even anything that bad)! im not certain if he is housetrained as he really is not eating or drinking that much so perhaps when he is back in full swing with his diet it might be a different story! im going to give the vet a call later just to make sure its ok as i am a bit worried.
    we took him out for a couple of walks yesterday, the minute he sees the lead he knows whats coming and gets excited. hes really pulling on the lead when he sees a cat or dog but when you stop walking and hunch down to him he does stop. he conked out yesterday after his walk in the morning and quick run out last night before bed time. he scratched at the door for a little while after we put him down to bed but then all was quiet all night, then 7.30am little scratches and i went down to him a few minutes later he was all kisses!!
    he seems to be understanding when i say sit..which is great!! poor hubby was wrecked yesterday as jimmy had us awake late enough with the scratching and then an early wake up call as well!! hopefully this will ease off a little as he settles in.

Post Thanks / Like

So glad wee Jimmy has fallen on his paws
    Willow, Bertie & Finn [Blenheim & Tri Cavs],Eden [German Shepherd], Casper [BF Amazon], 2 ex-Bat Hens, 4 Cockatiels & a Barraband in a pear tree

Post Thanks / Like

Thats great to hear.......
    Im sure he'll settle soon and you'll get a good night sleep again
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)

Post Thanks / Like

hurry up and get well soon Jimmy - there are 4 very impatient little Cavaliers this side of town who can't wait to meet you!!

Mam to Millie, Chloe & Rex
    Baby boy Jack (waiting at the bridge) xxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

thanks Louise for posting those pics of Jimmy!
    he's continuing to improve each day, cough and cold clearing up really well and he had a bath so is lovely and fresh.he is also getting better at night with the amount of time spent barking and scratching reducing so fingers crossed hes on the right path!
    he got a new pillow to rest on in the sitting room and seems to like it and yesterday he chased his toy bone a couple of times, after watching me throw it around and go after it. im sure my neighbour must wonder what im doing!! im going to work on him with his responses and playing with toys as hes missing out on lots of fun chasing a ball etc so we will need to show him how to have fun..