• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Blenheim Weekend

Kate H

I've been meaning to post about this for ages, in case anyone hasn't heard about the Blenheim weekend. The KC has awarded an extra set of CCs to Cavaliers, and the various clubs are taking it in turn to run an extra annual championship show. This year it's the turn of the main Cavalier Club, who are holding a weekend at Blenheim Palace (at Woodstock, near Oxford) on 21-22 August. Sunday is an ordinary breed show, but Saturday is more of a fun day, open to all Cavaliers whether KC registered or not. It starts with a breed match between the Cavalier Club and the King Charles Spaniel Club, but then the day lightens up!

There's a demonstration by the Clever Cavaliers group, and then the prize-giving for a Companion Cavalier of the Year competition organised by the people who produce the Cavaliers as Companions page on the Club website. For reasons best known to the organisers, they entered Oliver for this - they met him at the Club Ch show last year and as everyone does, fell for him, and were also gobsmacked that a Cavalier not only did competition obedience but even won an occasional rosette! The winner will be announced at Blenheim (having been voted for on the website, I think) - as the other entries include a disabled assistance dog and the star of the Queen Victoria film, I'm quite sure it won't be Oliver! - but we'll be there to receive a certificate and a bag of food.

After that there are games open to all, including fancy dress, golden oldies, musical newspapers and a treasure hunt. I think there will also be a display of photos from the Club archives - and of course 2000 acres of Blenheim Park to walk in. The Marlborough family (including the present duchess) have always owned little red and white spaniels, so you can take your Blenheim to his or her ancestral home!

I think there is a charge for cars, even if you are just visiting the park and not the palace (I'm trekking over by bus!) - you could check on their website. But I hope some of you will come and support Oliver in his moment in the spotlight - and have a nice day out with your Cavaliers.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Last edited:
oh Congratulations Kate on Oliver being a finalist for Cavalier of the Year (y)

All being well we hope to be at Blenheim!!

More details from the parent club website

www.thecavalierclub.co.uk

click on one of the links under Blenheim Weekend.

This is truly a historic occasion - it's the first time Blenheim Palace have allowed a Cavalier Championship show to be held in their grounds. There are people attending from all over the world.

Back