• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The House the Dog Breeders Have Built

The house the dog breeders have built

Does this sound familiar?

There are a few cavalier breeders still getting out the paint and locking up the basement door.

The House the Dog Breeders Have Built

THE HOUSE THE DOG BREEDERS HAVE BUILT

May I be permitted to Post this having read the Article The House Dog Breeders Have Built.

Why I am taking this Liberty is because of my Experiences over the Past Two Years for daring to mention the Serious Health Problems of SM and MVD which are Afflicting our Beloved Cavaliers .

I have even had to the Extent of having my Mental State being Questioned on a Cavalier Public Forum on the Internet by a Newly Elected UK CKCS Committee Member.

As a result of this I resigned from the CKCS Club,after being a Member for over 20 years.

The Reason for my Resignation, because of my Mental State being Questioned, is to be being read out at the next CKCS CLUB Committee Meeting

It has sure been said to me when I have mentioned about the Cavaliers' Health Problems ,that I am spoiling the Enjoyment of Cavaliers for Cavalier Owners .

My only reason for doing this ,is to try and help the Suffering of Cavaliers,NOT as I have been accused of by some in the Cavalier World ,of trying to Damage the Cavalier Breed.

The Article ,mentioned about the Danger of The House falling down,this could so apply to the Cavalier Breed if all Cavalier Breeders and not just some Cavalier Breeders don't adhere to the CKCS Club's Breeding Guidelines,and giving all the help to the SM and MVD Researchers that they need,instead of the Petty Bickering that is going on to-day amongst some Cavalier Breeders.!

Finally what really Struck a Chord with me in the Article ,was the Phrase about becoming an Enemy , I sure feel like this in the Cavalier World from the attitude of some Cavalier Folk.

Bet

How it reminds me of a recent breed notes column in which it was argued that the role of breed club committee members should never be to question the wisdom of the breed club, or raise any unpleasant issues or observations that might, er, spoil the committee's enjoyment of the paint job on the foundation...

As I read this, my sweet little cavalier boy was sitting on my lap, and when I finished, I hugged him close. Who knows what the future holds for my baby--mainly because of irresponsible breeders. :(

THE House The Dog Breeders Have Built

As I read this, my sweet little cavalier boy was sitting on my lap, and when I finished, I hugged him close. Who knows what the future holds for my baby--mainly because of irresponsible breeders. :(

I just don't what the answer to this is going to be, considering that a Newly Elected Committee Member to the UK CKCS CLUB has stated on a Cavalier Forum on the Internet for every-body to read, that she does not believe the figure that 50% of Cavaliers will have a Heart Murmur by 5 years of age as is stated by MVD Researchers into the MVD Problem .

The help from the Kennel Club does not seem to amount to much.OK , they are giving money for the Research into the SM and MVD Problems in Cavaliers ,but are not making it Mandatory for Cavalier Breeders to Health Test their Cavalier Breeding Stock.

The best forward for our Cavalier Breed is , to contact Margaret who has a List of Cavalier Breeders who are Health Testing their Cavalier Breeding Stock when a Prospective Cavalier Buyer wants a Cavalier.

This should be Publicised more, I think that the time has now come for our Cavalier Breed, that we who love Cavaliers just have to realize that we have to go this way alone now, there is going to be no help from any-body else.

If the CKCS won't do this ,then it will have to be just done for them .

Bet

I just don't what the answer to this is going to be, considering that a Newly Elected Committee Member to the UK CKCS CLUB has stated on a Cavalier Forum on the Internet for every-body to read, that she does not believe the figure that 50% of Cavaliers will have a Heart Murmur by 5 years of age as is stated by MVD Researchers into the MVD Problem .

The help from the Kennel Club does not seem to amount to much.OK , they are giving money for the Research into the SM and MVD Problems in Cavaliers ,but are not making it Mandatory for Cavalier Breeders to Health Test their Cavalier Breeding Stock.

The best forward for our Cavalier Breed is , to contact Margaret who has a List of Cavalier Breeders who are Health Testing their Cavalier Breeding Stock when a Prospective Cavalier Buyer wants a Cavalier.

This should be Publicised more, I think that the time has now come for our Cavalier Breed, that we who love Cavaliers just have to realize that we have to go this way alone now, there is going to be no help from any-body else.

If the CKCS won't do this ,then it will have to be just done for them .

Bet

Should have said ,if the CKCS CLUB won't do this ,missed out the word Club in my Post .

What I am meaning is, if the CKCS CLUB refuse to have a List of Cavalier Breeders who do Health Tests on their Cavalier Breeding Stock, then Prospective Cavalier Buyer know where to go, since Margaret has One.

Bet

The house the dog breeders have built

Should have said ,if the CKCS CLUB won't do this ,missed out the word Club in my Post .

What I am meaning is, if the CKCS CLUB refuse to have a List of Cavalier Breeders who do Health Tests on their Cavalier Breeding Stock, then Prospective Cavalier Buyer know where to go, since Margaret has One.

Bet

I did'nt want to start a New Thread about this, but I was so shocked to read about it on another Cavalier Forum ,that I thought it would be alright to mention it here.

The exact words were ,that the Heat at the East of England Championship Show yesterday was unbearable .

The Post said that he or she was Disgusted to see so many Cavalier Exibitors standing around the Ring with their Cavaliers in CAGES with the SUN beating down relentlessly when there was Benching inside Buildings which were very cool.The further comment was that those Folk do not deserve to own Dogs let alone Show them ,there were a number of warnings ,yet those Folk still stood there while their Cavaliers slowly Cooked inside their Cages .

The Post finished by saying

SHAME ON YOU!!!.

Now to my own Comments about this Shameful Treatment of those Cavaliers.

I just wonder if the Cavaliers did not have a Heart Problem yesterday ,will they have one to-day which could have been brought on by the Treatment from those Irresponsible Cavalier Glory Seekers having no thought for their Cavaliers,whose only aim seems to be to Win a Piece of Card Board.

And we True Lovers of Cavaliers ,I feel that I can sure say that with confidence now ,get Verbal Abuse from many Cavalier Owners who are in the Show Scene.

We would NEVER have Subjected our Beloved Cavaliers to this Treatment.

I do hope that note would have been taken of their Names and Reported to both the CKCS CLUB ,if they are Members ,and removed from the Club, and also Reported to the RSPCA.

From a Vey Distressed

Bet

Who has just read about this, what happened to those Poor Cavaliers was Unforgiveable.

Back