• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Irish folks: interested in getting a cardiologist day for murmur testing?

Tara has said we could use the DTI facility for this and is coming back to me with possible dates so I can then go back to Mr Mullany and hopefully we will shortly have something organised! Stay tuned!

Interestingly he does not feel dogs should be on medication simply for a murmur, even a higher grade murmur. He prefers to see certain clinical shifts towards congestive heart failure before medicating.

My vet told me the exact same thing about George. George has a grade 4 murmur but thankfully is showing no signs. A different vet in the practice recommended he go on meds but my own vet said he didn't think there was any need. He said if there was any change that he would refer us to a cardiologist to get it checked further. Chrissie was checked (by the vet only) a few days ago and was fine. I'd be very interested in this for George and Chrissie. Thanks a miilion!

I would love to get Rosie checked out. Early Sept suits us perfectly.

Any chance you can arrange €30 MRI's?? :D I would love to get Belle MRI'd

We are thinking of Sunday Sept 5th in the afternoon -- out at Dog Training Ireland in the upstairs classroom which would be perfect.

I think we will be soon scheduling a second day as there's a lot of interest from many pet owners of other breeds too and some indication that some breed clubs for other breeds might have an interest. So I think this will start a regular event. :) I have to check with the cardio now and will post when I know if this suits him. Then we will take bookings.

Hi, just wondering if there is any update on this? Is the date for September still expected to go ahead?
Millie had a vet check up just last week and touch wood all sounded well with her heart, but it will be great to get her checked out at a more detailed level now that she is heading for 5 next month..
I hope I havent missed a seperate thread where you have to register - sorry if I have!

Hi karlin,
can i put my 2 down for this also?
this is brilliant, well done for getting this organised.(y)
let me know

murmur testing still on?

Hi
Just wondering if there are still plans for a cardiologist day for murmur testing? If there is and there is still room, I'd love to put my name down for Tilly my new rescue . Anyday except Thursday would suit me, don't know how if this suits?. Hope it can go ahead.
Thanks
Emma

Have not had time to confirm or set up yet but will arrange something probably not this soon.

I was just discussing dates with Tara on Friday. :D Thinking of the 17th of Oct or maybe 31st or else first week in November -- if Mr Mullaly can do a Sunday. Otherwise will sort for a weeknight early in the week but a Sunday or else possibly a Saturday suits Dog Training Ireland better.

Anyone have a strong preference?

Then I will probably take bookings by PayPal payment -- I just want to make sure people are actually going to be there! :)

Great

The 17th would really suit me -and Tilly- as I have visitors coming the weekend of 31st. But if that date suits others better, I will try and change- I was one of the last to ask to be included,after all! I have never used paypal, so if some instructions could be included I'd be really grateful. Thank you so much for organising this.

Heart Murmur testing day

Hi. I was just wondering if the plans for a test day are still on- I am afraid I maybe missed a post. Now that I've been told Tilly has a "marked irregularity", and have been getting lots of info, I am particularly keen to get her properly tested. Thanks
Emma

Just to be awkward, I can't do the 17th but can do the 31st, (have visitors too:eek:). I'll go with the flow - whatever suits the majority, and if I can make it we'll be there.

Back