Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Irish folks: interested in getting a cardiologist day for murmur testing?

Post Thanks / Like

Oh wow, that price is so reasonable, I was truly expecting the cost to be well over 100 considerng the cost of seeing a consultant in Ireland. Spetember is good for me, evening or weekends. I will quite happily take time of work so that I can take this oppurtunity for Darcy. Many thanks Karlin.
    Sue

Darcy - Blenheim - 17th Sept 2005
    'Life is a balance of holding on and letting go'

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I expected it to be double that price or more but he basically charged me the same cost as a basic vet consult. I will get all the rest of mine done now when we have this heart day.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

OMG Karlin that price is AMAZING, you can definitely count my 2 in, a weekend in September would be best for me with work etc.

This is a fantastic idea, can I put this up on my facebook for non Cavalier Talk people but who have Cavaliers? I have a couple of friends who would be interested?
    Lucille,

Des, Penny, Bonnie, Zoe & Georgia

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I definitely will plan to have this available to anyone with a cavalier but maybe better to wait til we have a date sorted but it is fine to post and see if there's interest. I can't confirm a cost yet, but am noting that this is around what I was charged for having my own done. If there's a limit to how many the cardiologist will auscultate, he can let me know and then, we can have an advanced sign-up (which I would do anyway and perhaps do an advanced payment for the day). If lots are interested we will schedule a second day.

I can do a day anytime so if people are interested in doing something over the summer let me know. I would think maybe we'd do a Sunday afternoon or a Saturday afternoon...
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a fantastic price! I'll be there for definite with Millie and Chloe. Any time in September should be fine with us also.

I felt a great relief after I had Rex with the cardiologist. I was worried sick and a total nervous wreck after my vet had initially confirmed his heart problem and couldn't relax any time I had him out for walks or saw him excited, but after the more in depth tests were carried out by Mr Mullany I felt way more at ease and optimistic about the his condition.

Money WELL spent in my opinion!!
    Mam to Millie, Chloe & Rex
    Baby boy Jack (waiting at the bridge) xxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to come with my 3 but would need plenty of notice , especially for weekend as I would need to make sure to keep my work diary clear and I book weeks in advance .
    Mimi
    Mum to Heidi ( Tri-female ) Nifa (Blenheim female ) & Rua ( Ruby male )
    & Cavalier Angel Ruby ( Blenheim female ) at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Default Count Bubbles in.

Karlin I would love to bring Bubbles along. As you know the vet put her murmur at 4.5 and she is on Vetmedin and Prilactone but it would be great to get a further expert opinion. I'm sure everyone will greatly appreciate an opportunity like this. Great idea!
    Anne.
    Bubbles (blenheim) rescue cav,
    Mishka (tricolour) at the rainbow bridge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I will go back to him and see what might work for a date then we could begin to plan for it.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

That's a very reasonable price you were quoted. I was expecting it to be more too! September would be a good month for me, weekday or weekend is great as I live in Rathfarnham so it will be very handy. Thanks for arranging this Karlin and I' m glad your own appointment went ok.
    Shirley
    A comfy lap for
    Trapper - tri boy Feb 2004, Bosco - ruby boy Jan 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Irish Folks:Interested in Getting a Cardiologist Day for Murmur Testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlifarley View Post
    That's a very reasonable price you were quoted. I was expecting it to be more too! September would be a good month for me, weekday or weekend is great as I live in Rathfarnham so it will be very handy. Thanks for arranging this Karlin and I' m glad your own appointment went ok.

Karlin,

What a great idea this from you.

To be under the Umbrella of an Expert, will be such a Benefit for the Cavaliers.

Also that things went well for your 4 legged Friends

Bet
    Bet (Hargreaves)