• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

my new puppy

renate

here she is.
9½ weeks old. i got her home from germany sunday. she is very active, full of beans, very sweet.

maybe i will call her Beans, which seems appropriate:)

1zdsugi.jpg

Oh gosh she's a cutie! Hard to imagine she will fill that whole bed eventually... ! :lol: I like the name Beans -- cute! Look forward to more pics.

Oh, what a little doll. Please post more pictures... What fun you are going to have. Cute, cute, cute !!!!!

Awww what a sweety!! I'm puppy sitting my friends 12 week old blenhiem girl Sally today!! So cute :) Made me realise how big Cassie is getting now!

Enjoy her...x

Very cute! She's got lots of white, which is the opposite of our Skippy, who's got lots of brown (which is why he's so-named).

So cute:w*w:Now I wish I got a little puppy too. They are so cute and I can't remember when Ella was that little. Take bunch of pictures. Beans is a cute name:p

Seeing that sweet little face makes you forget how much work puppies are! How are your girls getting along with her? Hope it's a fairly easy transition for all of you. Sweet, sweet little Beans.

Aaaaw! I love the name "Beans!" When you said "full of beans" in your post, I couldn't help but think about the Kathy and Cathy secretary sketch (Kids in the Hall) where Kathy says, "I know, I'm so full of beans today!!!"

tahnks for all you good wishes and kind words!

beans is a very forward, active little dog. not afraid of anything. she is curious, makes contact with people, ohter dogs, cats, tries with cars, trains and lorries (unsuccessfully....:))

sunday she did her first schweiss trail, 10 meters long. she did well, was very proud of the bit of foxfur I had placed at the end of the trail.

i do not train much, yet. but recall and impulse controll are so important. this we train every day, 3-4 miniutes, several times. she is eager to 'work' understands things rather quickly. it will be a pleasure to train her when she is old enough.

the others have not fully accepted her, yet. she is tolerated, sienna lets her come close for a few minutes before walking away.
it was the same when i brought sienna home as a puppy.
they will come round eventually...

She sounds like a little cracker! What fun! What do you do for impulse control practice?

OMG Beans is stunning!

Love the name too! I used to know a German Pointer called 'Beany' for the very same reason!

@karlin

for impulse control i do the very fundamental things:
show her a hand full of high value trats, close it when she goes for them, wait until she tries the other, empty hand, click and treat with this hand from the full one.
in this way she learns that moving away from what one desires brings a good reward.
i also use a mechanical, fluffy mouse. beans is on her leash, and can't reach the mouse. when she gives up trying to get to the thing, and hynotising it, and looks at me, click and teat. and so on until she does this quickly very time. then i wind the spring and let the mouse 'run'. same procedure, undtil she first looks at me when the mouse starts moving.

also the Premack recall is a good combination of training recall and impulse control.

Back