Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 47

Thread: The cavalier show scene

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,592
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default The cavalier show scene

    Quote Originally Posted by Bet View Post
    THE CAVALIER SHOW SCENE

    This subject is now being discussed on the DOG WORLD Forum, where mention was made that Cavalier Exhibitors spend a Fortune on Cool Mats ,Cool Coats, Fans ,Heat Deflecting Cage Covers for their Cavaliers that they take to the Shows,.

    So they must be concerned that the Hot Wearher could be having Risks for their Cavaliers.

    If that is the case why do they take their Cavaliers to Shows in Hot Weather,

    Why not just leave them at Home. !!!

    Bet.

    THE CAVALIER SHOW SCENE

    I have been involved with the Discussion on DOG WORLD Forum about the Heat and Cavaliers.

    Have just been informed by a Cavalier Exhibitor .

    That there are Numerous Breeds of Dogs that a FAR more Susceptible to Extreme Heat than Cavaliers .

    So now we know we who Truly Love Cavaliers are, that when there are some Cavalier Exhibitors who believe this, the Cavalier Breed ,our Cavaliers really have a Big Problem about their MVD Problem.

    I have been told to stop Harrassing and mentioning about the Cavaliers' Health Problems,and Move on.

    My Answer to this

    NO CHANCE!!!!

    Bet
    Bet (Hargreaves)

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,592
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default The cavalier show scene

    Quote Originally Posted by Bet View Post
    THE CAVALIER SHOW SCENE

    I have been involved with the Discussion on DOG WORLD Forum about the Heat and Cavaliers.

    Have just been informed by a Cavalier Exhibitor .

    That there are Numerous Breeds of Dogs that a FAR more Susceptible to Extreme Heat than Cavaliers .

    So now we know we who Truly Love Cavaliers are, that when there are some Cavalier Exhibitors who believe this, the Cavalier Breed ,our Cavaliers really have a Big Problem about their MVD Problem.

    I have been told to stop Harrassing and mentioning about the Cavaliers' Health Problems,and Move on.

    My Answer to this

    NO CHANCE!!!!

    Bet

    THE CAVALIER SHOW SCENE

    However much some Cavalier Show Goers wish to sweep the Dangers of Hot Weather to Cavaliers under the carpet, and has been said ,to stop being Harrassed about this subject,here is what happens to them in Hot Weather.
    When a Cavalier is Panting , is a Hot Dog,this has been said about Cavaliers at last week's Eof E Show, what is happening ,the Cavalier is Hot, the Brain is sending signals to different parts of the Body.

    Their Heart and Lungs will have to work Harder

    Because our Cavaliers are known as BRACHYCEPHALIC Dogs ,

    THESE DOGS NEED SPECIAL CARE IN HOT WEATHER because they can over-heat quickly ,and this can be Fatal

    Those Dogs have Short Noses so the Air being Breathed does'nt cool so well before it reaches the Lungs .

    They have to Pant more ,less air is Passing in due to Shorter Muzzle Length and out ,and these Types of Dogs can quickly become Over-Heated and in Trouble.

    Also those when those Types of Dogs are too Hot and Panting ,A Foamy Phlegm can be Produced in the Throat making it harder to Breath , Air-Ways can become Inflamed and Swollen leading to Further Difficulties Breathing and Distress.

    Owners of a BRACHYCEPHALIC Dog ,which is a Cavalier ,will need to be EXTRA CAREFUL in HOT and HUMID WEATHER.

    All Cavaliers will be in Cars when travelling to Shows, in Hot Weather , the Question has to be being asked ,do you really have to take your Cavalier to a Show on a Hot or Humid day.

    OK, some Cars will have Air Conditioning ,but what happens if you are stuck in a Traffic Jam , or your Car Breaks down, how do you keep your Cavalier cool then.

    Most important is to keep your Cavalier from Over-Heating in Hot Weather ,and in the Shade , this is not possible when Cavaliers are being Shown in the Full Sunlight in Hot Weather.

    Cavaliers are far better suited suited to being Indoors when it's Hot ,in a Ventilated,Cool Room.

    I have taken this information from the Internet, so have not made it up to suit my Argument about Cavaliers being affected and what can happen to them in Hot Weather.

    Bet
    Bet (Hargreaves)

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,592
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default The cavalier show scene

    Quote Originally Posted by Bet View Post
    THE CAVALIER SHOW SCENE

    However much some Cavalier Show Goers wish to sweep the Dangers of Hot Weather to Cavaliers under the carpet, and has been said ,to stop being Harrassed about this subject,here is what happens to them in Hot Weather.
    When a Cavalier is Panting , is a Hot Dog,this has been said about Cavaliers at last week's Eof E Show, what is happening ,the Cavalier is Hot, the Brain is sending signals to different parts of the Body.

    Their Heart and Lungs will have to work Harder

    Because our Cavaliers are known as BRACHYCEPHALIC Dogs ,

    THESE DOGS NEED SPECIAL CARE IN HOT WEATHER because they can over-heat quickly ,and this can be Fatal

    Those Dogs have Short Noses so the Air being Breathed does'nt cool so well before it reaches the Lungs .

    They have to Pant more ,less air is Passing in due to Shorter Muzzle Length and out ,and these Types of Dogs can quickly become Over-Heated and in Trouble.

    Also those when those Types of Dogs are too Hot and Panting ,A Foamy Phlegm can be Produced in the Throat making it harder to Breath , Air-Ways can become Inflamed and Swollen leading to Further Difficulties Breathing and Distress.

    Owners of a BRACHYCEPHALIC Dog ,which is a Cavalier ,will need to be EXTRA CAREFUL in HOT and HUMID WEATHER.

    All Cavaliers will be in Cars when travelling to Shows, in Hot Weather , the Question has to be being asked ,do you really have to take your Cavalier to a Show on a Hot or Humid day.

    OK, some Cars will have Air Conditioning ,but what happens if you are stuck in a Traffic Jam , or your Car Breaks down, how do you keep your Cavalier cool then.

    Most important is to keep your Cavalier from Over-Heating in Hot Weather ,and in the Shade , this is not possible when Cavaliers are being Shown in the Full Sunlight in Hot Weather.

    Cavaliers are far better suited suited to being Indoors when it's Hot ,in a Ventilated,Cool Room.

    I have taken this information from the Internet, so have not made it up to suit my Argument about Cavaliers being affected and what can happen to them in Hot Weather.

    Bet
    THE CAVALIER SHOW SCENE.

    Could I conclude by saying ,that because Cavaliers are a BRACHYCEPHALIC Breed and explained how the Hot Weather causes them Problems in Hot Weather,the Cavaliers also have to contend with being the only Toy Breed to be being affected with a Type of MVD at an early age ,and 50% of Cavaliers will have a Heart Murmur at 5 years of Age.

    Do these 3 Facts put them more at Risk from Hot Weather.

    Sorry to those Cavalier Owners who have Cavaliers Suffering from SM, I have concentrated on Cavaliers and how the Hot Weather could be damaging their Hearts, but Cavaliers with SM ,as Tania has explained in her Post are equally at Risk from Hot Weather.

    I don't know ,maybe some-body would have thoughts about this, because of the Hot Weather and Cavaliers are a BRACHYCEPHALIC BREED and this causes them to Pant more ,will this be putting more Strain on them because they are suffering from SM.

    Bet
    Bet (Hargreaves)

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    2,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default

    There are some people who just don't think. In charlotte nc it was above 100 degrees extreme tempatures and I got emails about a cavalier meet up at the park. The park has no water for them to cool down. I agree to nip things in the bud ans I pointed out the danger especially for our short nosed breed, and the meet up was moved inside. I did send a reminder to everyone before about the danger of heat and links before they decided to have a group meet-up at 2pm (the hottest time) in the blazing heat. I guess there will always be people who no matter what you say, don't get it.

    I never thought about traveling in the heat and what would happen if the car broke down. Huh
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,592
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default The Cavalier Show Scene

    Quote Originally Posted by anniemac View Post
    There are some people who just don't think. In charlotte nc it was above 100 degrees extreme tempatures and I got emails about a cavalier meet up at the park. The park has no water for them to cool down. I agree to nip things in the bud ans I pointed out the danger especially for our short nosed breed, and the meet up was moved inside. I did send a reminder to everyone before about the danger of heat and links before they decided to have a group meet-up at 2pm (the hottest time) in the blazing heat. I guess there will always be people who no matter what you say, don't get it.

    I never thought about traveling in the heat and what would happen if the car broke down. Huh
    The Cavalier Show Scene.

    May I be allowed to thank the Folk who Administer this Web Site for allowing me to warn Cavalier owners about the Dangers to their Cavaliers in Hot Weather because they are a Brachycephalic Breed

    I have mentioned how I have been Sticking up for our Beloved Cavaliers at the moment in the Discussion on the Dog World Forum ,and warning about the Dangers to the Cavaliers in Hot Weather at Shows, all my Posts have been now Removed.

    This can only happen when some-body Objects to what I have been Posting.

    What a Sad Cavalier World this now is, when I am Accused of Wanting to Destroy the Cavalier Breed when I mention the Health Problems of SM and MVD Problems Afflicting Cavaliers.

    It was said on the Dog World Forum by one who has put this Post, ( I guess she does not know much about the Cavalier Breed),that Cavaliers are Strong, Robust, Energenic Little Dogs ,that can Run for Miles and Live to a Decent Age.

    Well this Post could have Fooled me ,and I am sure to other Owners of Cavaliers Suffering from SM and have died at a young age from MVD.

    I have been told to Stop Knocking the Cavalier Breed ,I can only guess that this message has come from one or more Cavalier Breeders ,no Heart Broken Pet Cavalier who has lost their Beloved Cavalier to either SM or MVD would have issued such a Remark to me.

    If this has come from a few Cavalier Breeders ,what are they Scared about, could it maybe be that the Public are now being made aware about the Two Serious Health Problems in our Cavalier Breed SM and MVD, and some Cavalier Breeders are losing Incomes in not being able to sell their Cavalier Puppies.

    I just don't know.

    Bet.

    That Cavaliers
    Bet (Hargreaves)

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,592
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default The Cavalier Show Scene.

    [QUOTE=Bet;365083]The Cavalier Show Scene.

    May I be allowed to thank the Folk who Administer this Web Site for allowing me to warn Cavalier owners about the Dangers to their Cavaliers in Hot Weather because they are a Brachycephalic Breed

    I have mentioned how I have been Sticking up for our Beloved Cavaliers at the moment in the Discussion on the Dog World Forum ,and warning about the Dangers to the Cavaliers in Hot Weather at Shows, all my Posts have been now Removed.

    This can only happen when some-body Objects to what I have been Posting.

    What a Sad Cavalier World this now is, when I am Accused of Wanting to Destroy the Cavalier Breed when I mention the Health Problems of SM and MVD Problems Afflicting Cavaliers.

    It was said on the Dog World Forum by one who has put this Post, ( I guess she does not know much about the Cavalier Breed),that Cavaliers are Strong, Robust, Energenic Little Dogs ,that can Run for Miles and Live to a Decent Age.

    Well this Post could have Fooled me ,and I am sure to other Owners of Cavaliers Suffering from SM and have died at a young age from MVD.

    I have been told to Stop Knocking the Cavalier Breed ,I can only guess that this message has come from one or more Cavalier Breeders ,no Heart Broken Pet Cavalier who has lost their Beloved Cavalier to either SM or MVD would have issued such a Remark to me.

    If this has come from a few Cavalier Breeders ,what are they Scared about, could it maybe be that the Public are now being made aware about the Two Serious Health Problems in our Cavalier Breed SM and MVD, and some Cavalier Breeders are losing Incomes in not being able to sell their Cavalier Puppies.

    I just don't know.

    Bet.



    THE CAVALIER SHOW SCENE.

    There is maybe going to be a News-Paper going to be getting Details about what happens at Dog Shows to Dogs in Hot Weather ,about being left in Cars and in Cages in Hot Conditions.

    If I notice any-thing in the Press about this, I will Post on it.

    Bet
    Bet (Hargreaves)

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,592
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default The cavalier show scene

    [QUOTE=Bet;365111]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bet View Post
    The Cavalier Show Scene.

    May I be allowed to thank the Folk who Administer this Web Site for allowing me to warn Cavalier owners about the Dangers to their Cavaliers in Hot Weather because they are a Brachycephalic Breed

    I have mentioned how I have been Sticking up for our Beloved Cavaliers at the moment in the Discussion on the Dog World Forum ,and warning about the Dangers to the Cavaliers in Hot Weather at Shows, all my Posts have been now Removed.

    This can only happen when some-body Objects to what I have been Posting.

    What a Sad Cavalier World this now is, when I am Accused of Wanting to Destroy the Cavalier Breed when I mention the Health Problems of SM and MVD Problems Afflicting Cavaliers.

    It was said on the Dog World Forum by one who has put this Post, ( I guess she does not know much about the Cavalier Breed),that Cavaliers are Strong, Robust, Energenic Little Dogs ,that can Run for Miles and Live to a Decent Age.

    Well this Post could have Fooled me ,and I am sure to other Owners of Cavaliers Suffering from SM and have died at a young age from MVD.

    I have been told to Stop Knocking the Cavalier Breed ,I can only guess that this message has come from one or more Cavalier Breeders ,no Heart Broken Pet Cavalier who has lost their Beloved Cavalier to either SM or MVD would have issued such a Remark to me.

    If this has come from a few Cavalier Breeders ,what are they Scared about, could it maybe be that the Public are now being made aware about the Two Serious Health Problems in our Cavalier Breed SM and MVD, and some Cavalier Breeders are losing Incomes in not being able to sell their Cavalier Puppies.

    I just don't know.

    Bet.



    THE CAVALIER SHOW SCENE.

    There is maybe going to be a News-Paper going to be getting Details about what happens at Dog Shows to Dogs in Hot Weather ,about being left in Cars and in Cages in Hot Conditions.

    If I notice any-thing in the Press about this, I will Post on it.

    Bet

    THE CAVALIER SHOW SCENE

    Sorry about this Folks, should have included it in my Previous Post, there seems to be some Denial about Cavaliers being a Brachycephalic Breed.

    Maybe Moderately so, but the Warning still applies ,they are a BRACHYCEPHALIC BREED.

    This is also Confirmed by Martin Deutschland ,a Neurologist, who has recently had a Paper Published about the Chiari Malformation in the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel ,a Brachycephalic Breed of Dog.

    There is Scientific Literature which contains many References to our Cavaliers being Brachcephalic .

    This is easily found in Veterinary Papers on the Internet.

    Bet
    Bet (Hargreaves)

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    1,826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    [QUOTE=Bet;365114]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bet View Post


    THE CAVALIER SHOW SCENE

    Sorry about this Folks, should have included it in my Previous Post, there seems to be some Denial about Cavaliers being a Brachycephalic Breed.

    Maybe Moderately so, but the Warning still applies ,they are a BRACHYCEPHALIC BREED.

    This is also Confirmed by Martin Deutschland ,a Neurologist, who has recently had a Paper Published about the Chiari Malformation in the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel ,a Brachycephalic Breed of Dog.

    There is Scientific Literature which contains many References to our Cavaliers being Brachcephalic .

    This is easily found in Veterinary Papers on the Internet.

    Bet

    Hi Bet,

    Found this: http://www.cavalierhealth.org/brachycephalic.htm

    kind regards
    Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,592
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default The cavalier show scene

    [QUOTE=Tania;365178]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bet View Post


    Hi Bet,

    Found this: http://www.cavalierhealth.org/brachycephalic.htm

    kind regards


    The Cavalier SHOW SCENE

    Thanks Tania for this.

    I just cannot understand why some Cavalier Owners are so annoyed when I dare Mention the Health of our Cavalier Breed,

    All Hell is Let Loose.

    What are they trying to cover up when they don't want this Subject to be being Discussed.

    But for their Information I will NEVER stop being involved with our Beloved Cavaliers and their Health Problems.

    For the benefit of those who are trying to make out that I am Lying about the Cavaliers being a BRACHYCEPHALIC Breed ,this also is referred to as Brachycephalic Airway Obstruction Disease (BAOS)

    The Cavalier Breed is Pre-Disposed to this Condition

    The mention of this on the Internet is because of the Cavaliers Comparatively Short Length of their
    Head and a Compressed Upper Jaw.

    This means that Dogs with Short Muzzles ,Noses and Mouths ,who are described as Brachycephalic ,their Throats and Breathing Passages are Undersized or Flattened .

    The Head's Soft Tissue are not Proportionate to the Shortened Nature of the Skull,and the Excess Tissues Tend to Increase the Flow of Air through the Upper Airway ,( Nostrils ,Sinuses, Pharynx and Larynx)

    This defect is seen in a Few other Breeds ,however Various Degrees of BAOS PREDOMINATE in our Cavaliers.

    There is some Argument as to whether the Cavalier Breed is Brachycephalic amongst Researchers or a Mesaticephalic Breed

    What really is important for the Cavaliers ,regardless about this ,the Cavaliers are Predisposed to Brachycephalic Breathing Difficulties in Hot Weather.

    Finally ,there has been much comment about Cavaliers being stuck in Cages at the East of England Championship Show,and this is being denied by some of the Show Goers.

    So the Question is,

    Were there Cavaliers in Cages at the East of England Show or not.??

    Bet
    Bet (Hargreaves)

  10. #30
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cork,Ireland.
    Posts
    2,563
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I've followed this saga from start to finish.
    The substantive issue is not whether or not cavaliers were stuck in cages or kept in cages at that (or any other show).The substantive issue was whether or not any cavaliers were cooked in their cages,or medically compromised in any way.
    There are no reports of any animal requiring veterinary assistance and the person who initiated the debate on another forum even stated that no dogs were in distress.
    mention was made that Cavalier Exhibitors spend a Fortune on Cool Mats ,Cool Coats, Fans ,Heat Deflecting Cage Covers for their Cavaliers that they take to the Shows,.
    So they must be concerned that the Hot Weather could be having Risks for their Cavaliers.
    Yes Bet,obviously people were well aware of the risks to dogs in hot weather and have taken the necessary steps to look after their dog's comfort.
    I can appreciate the fact that some people have reservations as to whether it's right or not to show dogs at all,but there's a world of difference between abandoning a dog in a hot car and taking your dog to a show in an air conditioned car and keeping it in under direct supervision a crate with a cool mat or heat reflective crate cover.
    Also there is no ethical issue in having a dog in a crate,either at a show or at home as long as it used appropriately to keep a dog safe,comfortable and secure.
    Sins

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •