• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The cavalier show scene

The Cavalier Show Scene

THE CAVALIER SHOW SCENE

I have just come across this Article and thought it was worth Posting .

"In every Breed in this Shallow World of Exhibition ,there is always the "Breed Mafia".

Usually a Group of Elderly Woman (with the occasional male)that is steadfast in it's View ,even when wrong ,they are self Proclaimed Experts in nothing,who Chant ,we are the Breed ,there is nothing any-one can teach us about this Breed

Unfortunately all this does is creat Disharmony,Damages Dogs and Stagnates Gene Pools to such a Degree that Health Crisis are inevitable."

Can I mention the Cavalier Breed here , the Cavaliers are battling Two huge Health Problems at the moment, MVD and SM , this comment was mentioned in the PDE TV Program,that no-body could argue that enough is being done,as the PDE TV Program commented , every one of the Top Stud Dogs had been used Under-Age ,and they all had been used Out-Side the Breeding Guidelines.

I don't know but is this still happening?

What is also distressing to read is, in Posts all that seems to be required for the Show Scene, are Cavaliers with Free Flowing Movement ,not a mention of not Suffering from SM or MVD.

Surely in the Cavalier World ,the time has come to Stop Dimissing the Critics about the Health Problems in the Cavalier Breed and Engage in an Open Debate about the Cavaliers' Health Troubles.

Bet

The CAVALIER SHOW Scene.

Could I add to my Post on this subject, that I have just read that there could be some Screws being in danger of becoming Loosened from the Plates being used in some Cavaliers' Surgery for SM.

Surely when there could be a risk of this Happening to some Cavaliers having this Operation, all Cavalier Breeders have a Responsibility ,not just ones who are Heeding the UK CCKCS Breeding Guidelines,not to Breed from a Cavalier with SM and to have their Cavalier Breeding Stock MRI Scanned.

How on earth can those Cavalier Breeders sleep at night ,if they are not taking the Breeding Guideline Advice from the SM Researchers, when this could be adding to the suffering of some Cavaliers.

Cavaliers are such a Delighful and Precious Breed, they deserve better than this.

As I said previously , there must be more to the Cavalier Show Scene than just having the Egos of some Inflated .

Bet

The CAVALIER SHOW Scene.

Could I add to my Post on this subject, that I have just read that there could be some Screws being in danger of becoming Loosened from the Plates being used in some Cavaliers' Surgery for SM.

Surely when there could be a risk of this Happening to some Cavaliers having this Operation, all Cavalier Breeders have a Responsibility ,not just ones who are Heeding the UK CCKCS Breeding Guidelines,not to Breed from a Cavalier with SM and to have their Cavalier Breeding Stock MRI Scanned.

How on earth can those Cavalier Breeders sleep at night ,if they are not taking the Breeding Guideline Advice from the SM Researchers, when this could be adding to the suffering of some Cavaliers.

Cavaliers are such a Delighful and Precious Breed, they deserve better than this.

As I said previously , there must be more to the Cavalier Show Scene than just having the Egos of some Inflated .

Bet

THE CAVALIER SHOW SCENE

I was so pleased to read that at the Blenheim Palace Show, that the Cavalier Pet Owners will now have been made so aware of the Health Problems afflicting our Cavaliers.

Also about the Research that is going into trying to find a Solution for their Health Problems.

Now ,hope-fully every-one can now forward, particularly all Cavalier Breeders, not just some, in giving all the Information that is needed for the SM and MVD Researchers.

Also the Cavalier Pet Buying Public have such a big part to play in trying to give our Cavalier Breed a Future, .

ALWAYS ASK to see a Health Certificate from the Cavalier Breeder as proof that their Breeding Stock has been Health Tested, and ask as well to find out that the Cavalier Breeder has not Bred from their Cavaliers before 2.5 years of age, and know about the Health Status of the Grand-Parents at 5 years of age.

Bet

THE CAVALIER SHOW SCENE

I was so pleased to read that at the Blenheim Palace Show, that the Cavalier Pet Owners will now have been made so aware of the Health Problems afflicting our Cavaliers.

Also about the Research that is going into trying to find a Solution for their Health Problems.

Now ,hope-fully every-one can now forward, particularly all Cavalier Breeders, not just some, in giving all the Information that is needed for the SM and MVD Researchers.

Also the Cavalier Pet Buying Public have such a big part to play in trying to give our Cavalier Breed a Future, .

ALWAYS ASK to see a Health Certificate from the Cavalier Breeder as proof that their Breeding Stock has been Health Tested, and ask as well to find out that the Cavalier Breeder has not Bred from their Cavaliers before 2.5 years of age, and know about the Health Status of the Grand-Parents at 5 years of age.

Bet

THE CAVALIER SHOW SCENE

In case there are any Prospective Pet Cavalier Owners wanting to know why I mentioned in my Post about asking the Cavalier Breeder if they Bred form the Puppy's Parents before they were 2.5 years of age and if the Cavalier Breeder knows of the Health Status of Grand-Parents at 5 years of age, this is because this is the Breeding Guidelines Recommended by the UK CKCS CLUB,for SM and MVD ,not to Breed from a Cavalier before 2.5 years and for the Cavalier Breeder to know about the Health Status of the Grand-Parents.

You will understand all you Cavalier Pet Buying Public ,how Important it is for you to be doing this in-order to give our Cavaliers the Chance of Healthier. Longer Lives.

If you have asked this question from the Cavalier Breeder and the answer is NO, then maybe you go to a Cavalier Breeder who has followed those Breeding Guidelines

Bet

THE CAVALIER SHOW SCENE

In case there are any Prospective Pet Cavalier Owners wanting to know why I mentioned in my Post about asking the Cavalier Breeder if they Bred form the Puppy's Parents before they were 2.5 years of age and if the Cavalier Breeder knows of the Health Status of Grand-Parents at 5 years of age, this is because this is the Breeding Guidelines Recommended by the UK CKCS CLUB,for SM and MVD ,not to Breed from a Cavalier before 2.5 years and for the Cavalier Breeder to know about the Health Status of the Grand-Parents.

You will understand all you Cavalier Pet Buying Public ,how Important it is for you to be doing this in-order to give our Cavaliers the Chance of Healthier. Longer Lives.

If you have asked this question from the Cavalier Breeder and the answer is NO, then maybe you go to a Cavalier Breeder who has followed those Breeding Guidelines

Bet

THE CAVALIER SHOW SCENE

This Article has just appeared in a Dog Magazine this Week.

Since I feel it could also apply to the Cavalier Show Scene , here goes.

For some who attend Dog Shows every week with-out fail ,it's all about Winning at all Costs.

Cavaliers are transported from one end of Britain to the other end.

Some Brave souls even camp in all Weathers at Various Shows and also drive for Hours , what pleasure is this for the Cavaliers.

They just have no say about this Treatment.

Only for their Owners to inflate their Egos further by Winning a Piece of Card -Board

The Article also went on to say that Dog Showing to-day, and I don't suppose it is any different for the Showing of Cavaliers,it is all about Strategy and Influence.

The Cavaliers just play a minor Part in this .

What is happening now ,according to the Article,is that many in the Show Scene have forgotten or simply do not care how Special Cavaliers are.

The Show Scene has now become Unhealthy and Addictive.

Surely the Bottom Line for the Showing of Dogs, Cavaliers included must be for only the Healthiest and Functional Dogs to be Winning.

Bet

Bet wrote (or rather, quoted from an article): Some Brave souls even camp in all Weathers at Various Shows and also drive for Hours , what pleasure is this for the Cavaliers.

Speaking for myself, I quite often camp the night before an obedience show because, not having a car, I simply can't get there on time on the day itself by public transport. My Cavaliers LOVE camping, we do it for our annual holiday, and I've just bought a new tent so that we all have more room in wet weather. When it's pouring with rain, I'm glad I don't have to keep Oliver and Aled clean for a breed show - but then, most people camping at shows are in caravans or motor homes. There's nothing wrong with taking your Cavaliers camping, it's how you treat them while you're doing it (things like leaving them shut in cages in your car), which I suppose was behind the article's condemnation. Oliver and Aled also seem to have no problems with travelling for 3 or 4 hours by train and bus to get to shows - they enjoy all the fuss they get, or they just go to sleep.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Hi there
We go camping with our cavaliers too, (not shows though)and they really really they love it, they can't get in the car quick enough when we get the camping gear out. It's a mad house. :lpy:

Kate, how do you get a tent + dogs by public transport? I find it hard enough lugging the tent from the garage to the car. (lol)

We seem to be getting off-thread, so I'll start a new thread on camping and tell you my secrets!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Back