• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

does anyone know why

mrsdolittle

my labrador is mouthing my new puppy ? not hurting her at all but mouthing her and drooling alot on her.....:eek:

:) oh yes, i remember this . my lab and bentley were like a tornando. bentley would go for the easy nibble (feet. ears and even sullys tongue) sully, what with his size would just put his mouth around bentleys throat and pin him there! :rolleyes: as long as it is just in play do not worry yourself, and trust me. its only going to intensify and get more noisy once bella gets more settled and starts to stand her ground! it only took bentley days and he was running at sullivan full pelt and hanging off his ears, little monkey that he was!!! xx

ah ha thats good news then, i knew hollie was only playing but was scared incase she hurt bella .... should i just let them get on with it ? hollie is quite big and bella is so small ! she keeps pawing her too .... ? xx

Last edited:
I'd just be sure to supervise all interactions just as you would do with a toddler and a dog. The size difference means the lab could seriously hurt a puppy entirely by accident or if the dog gets overexcited and a bit rough. It is useful to have a babygate or two up or an xpen where you can pop the pup in to separate them as needed throughout the day. If the pup is at all under pressure then she should be removed from the lab and just give them both some time out. (y)

thats pretty much what i have been doing :) its going well so far, bella has a puppy pen to chill out in with her toys and blanket etc xx

It sounds normal for my house too. I also have a lab and a cav. They play super well together. I was nervous when Sully came home being only 4 pounds to Murphys 75, but it went really well. They now are best buds and you can't keep them apart for long. =) Good luck.

Back