• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Donation enquiry

megdonaldson

Does anyone know how I can make a donation to research for cavaliers and have
a photo of my cavalier Buster or a mention of him somewhere.
Buster died aged 10 of complications from heart disease but he also suffered from
hip dyplasia and syringomyelia. I don't mind where the money goes. I have not even
been able to bury his ashes yet but I now feel I would like to do something in his memory.

Hi Meg --

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

There are a couple of research projects that would value a donation. You might have a read about Rupert's Fund as one consideration, which is going towards critical genome work on syringomyelia and is something we began here to help Dr Clare Rusbridge's work. You can see she mentions it here on her own site: http://www.veterinary-neurologist.co.uk/. There's more info in the Rupert's Fund forum on the board here and here: www.rupertsfund.com. The nice part about supporting this, or the Cavalier Collection Scheme: http://www.veterinary-neurologist.co.uk/collection.htm -- is that they both pertain to senior cavaliers and so might seem especially appropriate at a time of bereavement to remember a loved older cavalier. :flwr:

I am in the process of setting up a memorial page on the Rupert's Fund site and would include them here as well, for people who wish to donate in memory or on behalf of a dog or dogs. :)

You can PM me if you'd like for more info on either. If Buster had an MRI done and was KC registered then his scan information and heart information would be of value to Dr Sarah Blott's research as well. There's more info on this too on the Rupert's Fund website.

Rupert's Fund

Hi Karlin, thanks for your reply. I would like to make a donation to
Rupert's Fund. Can you please advise where this should be sent.
Buster didn't have an MRI as by the time his syringomyelia was diagnosed
at the Glasgow Veterinary Hospital he was 9 and his MVD was giving him
more problems than anything else.

I can imagine they would not have felt it was needed to put him through a general anaesthetic etc given his age and his MVD. :(

There's information on making a direct donation to researchers here with all the relevant ways and contact points. All donations go directly into to the researchers' fund:

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/...ions-make-for-big-achievements!-How-to-donate

Thank you so much and we can talk privately about a picture and what you'd like to say for a memorial. Your post has been a good motivation to get this set up as we have all discussed a memorial page for Rupert's Fund in the past. :)

So sorry to hear about the loss of Buster, Meg, but what a lovely gesture to get in touch about a donation. Thank you so much from so many of us on here with MVD and SM affected dogs.

It's wonderful to hear about the proposed Memorial Page too - a perfect way to record our thoughts and post our beloved photographs. Well done to all concerned:wggle:

So sorry for you losing your dog Buster, Meg. The donation is really a nice way to remember him. Rest in Peace Buster.

Back