• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cavalier trivia famous cavalier owners

anniemac

I'm looking at the animal planet ckcs book and it had some fun trivia. If anyone wants to share any facts I thought it was cute.

What us president had a cavalier named rex?
Ronald reagan

What princess of russia had a kcs named jimmy who unfortunately died with his family?
Princess anastasia

What famous musician from the us and part of the rat pack known for his blue eyes had a cavalier?
Frank sinatra

I thought it was cute and blame animal planet if its wrong;)

Very interesting trivia. I am a "fan" of the Anastacia story. It's so sad how they were killed... it's even more sad that a little cavalier was caught in the crossfire...

Interesting thread... I always wanted to start one about superstars/famous people with cavaliers. I know that Liv Tyler and Steve Van Zant are cavalier owners, and I think the late Brittany Murphy had one.

That link is so cool! I am such a celebrity fanatic it is silly. How about getting Kristen Davis (Charlotte from Sex and the City) to speak for Cavalier health:D? Not a chance I bet

Funny, that this thread was started. This past weekend I watched the movie "The Young Victoria" about Queen Victoria. In the movie she had a little tri cavalier named Dash. He was her constant companion. Did anyone else see that movie? It starred Emily Blunt as Queen Victoria. It was a good movie. I googled Dash, and saw his picture. He was an important part of her life, and mentioned frequently in her diary. He was buried at Windsor Castle and this is the epitaph she wrote on his grave. It is very touching.

"His attachment was without selfishness; His playfulness without malice; His fidelity without deceit; Reader if you would live beloved; and die regretted, profit by the example of Dash."

Last edited:
I love how the history books (and Queen Victoria's diary) mention that Dash played "Cupid" and gave Albert his 'paw' of approval:-D

Irish writer Roddy Doyle and family have two... Irish Cavalier Rescue dogs! :lol:

Kerry Katona has one. I saw in one of the scandal rags that she had originally gotten a blenheim one and then decided she didnt like that colour so changed it for a tricolour.

What !!!!!!! that is like changing your brown-haired child for a blond....How could anyone do that ??????????:eek::eek:

This is fun! I did see the movie about Queen Victoria and she did love dash (how could anyone not love one). What about the story of James II being shipwrecked and ordering the crew to "save the dogs" and then after "save colonel churchill". Is there really still a law about king charles spaniels being allowed anywhere even in Parliament?

That is supposed to be just an ephemeral tale (tail!?). No evidence such a law ever existed or exists now. Sadly!

Just seen this on the news....:lol:

Seems heff has an eye for pretty dogs as well...
article-2003873-0C985B6300000578-590_468x626-1.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ner-updates-Playboys-Runaway-bride-issue.html

OMG.... poor Cavvie to be on Playboy!!!!

So glad it isn't Gracie on that cover with a Hef Bunny! At least, not without her fur! he he he!

Oh my....but the man has money, and if he'd talk about our beloved Cavaliers. But it's probably not his, probably the photographers.

Back