• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Penny is not well

Zoe bowie

My poor little Penny has not been well for the past couple of days, her energy seems to have diminished a bit and then I noticed blood in with her stools and also bleeding from her bum. I rang my vet straight away and he has her since yesterday, she has been on a drip for 24 hrs and her form is ok, although she is not eating, she hasn't had any more bleeding, but he is worried about her, so he is putting her an anesthetic as I type to see what is going on :(

I know she will be ok, and I will be delighted when we get to the bottom of what is going on, but I am just worried about her, she is so tiny for a 1 year old Cavalier at only 9.5lbs, and I miss her so much, the house last night and this morning was so quiet (& calm) without her, but I would take her craziness any day over the emptiness of the house at the moment!! Des is missing his playmate too, not sure Bonnie cares, she's probably glad of the peace :)

fingers crossed everything goes well....sorry justed needed to share this!

Oh dear. It sounds like gastroenteritis, which a lot of little doggies get. She is at the vet and is getting good care now so she'll be home to you in no time.
Get well soon Penny!

Hello Lucille

We all send our best wishes to Penny ,am sure she
will be back causing chaos very soon.

Well the vet called, he is keeping her for another 24hrs, she is on IV fluids and antibiotics, her throat and tonsils are severely infected, to the point he had difficulty getting the tube down her throat!! She has ulcers on the back of her tongue that have healed....this still doesn't explain the bloody stools..this is still a mystery as he couldn't see any inflammation in her upper intestines and couldn't feel anything in the lower...that's not to say she hasn't eaten some plastic or something, which could be causing this! I feel like a terrible Mummy for not knowing she was this sick :( I knew she was out of sorts for a few days, and I just thought I was being neurotic...I'll know the next time..I hope she will be well enough to come home tomorrow night :(

Sorry to hear she's so unwell.Thankfully she's receiving the best treatment and hopefully you'll have her back safe by tomorrow.
Sins

Oh dear! Poor you... poor Penny! Don't blame yourself for not knowing this, our little furry friends cannot talk and say "my throat hurts", that's a tough one to diagnose. Sending positive healing vibes your way...:xfngr:

I am so sorry Penny is poorly, we are thinking of you and wish her well soon. :xfngr:

Oh my heart goes out to you. These little doggies really wrap themselves around our hearts, don't they?! I hope you get a little sleep. I'm sure she's getting great care. ~Tonya & Dexter

:updte: :*nana: :jmp: :*nana: :jmp: :*nana: :jmp:

PENNY IS COMING HOME TODAY :l*v: :l*v: :l*v:

I am collecting her at 4pm, can't wait to see her and give her a BIG hug and kiss, OMG I am so relieved she is doing better, it has been the worst 72 hours of my life!! But she is doing well, she ate this morning and is in good form. We still don't know what has caused this, hoping it was a very severe infection, but we will be bringing her back to Paul in a couple of days for him to check her out and ensure she is 100% better.
:thnku: to all of you for your support, advice and kindness, I really appreciate it xx

Ohhh that great news! Phew! I was thinking about you guys this morning. Then I remembered that a couple of years ago my husband got a really bad throat infection, which he let go (ain't it just like a man!) and it spread to his stomach/intestinal tract... he was really sick but got to the doctor and medicine made it all better. Poor Penny. I'm sure you're so happy you're bursting, I bet she is too:l*v:

Back