• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Jessica (wee Jessie) is for her op on Wednesday

team bella

I have finally booked wee Jessie in to be spayed on Wednesday. Its exactly 3 months after the end of her first season. I know it's the right thing to do ect ect but I still feel guilty that I'm going to make her unwell for a while. When she looks up at me with those big eyes my heart is pained at the thought of it.:( Anyway the reason for the post is this. When Bella had her op she was made to ware the big plastic collar and she totally hated it. I'm sure I've read on the forum before that some owners have used baby grows. I just want to have your thoughts on what's best and if baby grow is used what size/age ?????

Thanks for the link, they look very good. I wish I'd posted earlier as it might be too late for me to get a pack for tomorrow so might have to go down the baby grow. Here's hoping all goes well tomorrow, I update later.

When I had Molly done, we didn't use anything, she was fine and didn't worry. We obviously watched her like a hawk and I slept with her for the first week which was incredibly noisy :eek: There are also some alternitives to those horrid plastic collars. I believe I saw Brian posting about them a while back! I will give him a nudge Will be thinking of you and Jessie.

I used the baby grow, and it worked perfectly, plus Dixie looked adorable in it. It looked so comfy and cozy. Just be sure to measure Jessie from her neck to her tail to know how big of one to get. Put her front paws through the arm-holes, and snap it around her tail. I snapped the two snaps on the ends and left the middle one open for her tail. When she went out to potty, I just unsnapped and rolled it up around her belly. Worked great, and her stitches healed perfectly. Good Luck. She will be fine.

Well 15 mins to go until I can call the vet to see how she's doing. Dropped her off this morning and it was very sad. She tried to run towards the door after me and had another attack of guilt. I know she'll be fine and I can't wait to see her. Missing her so much.:(

Hope Jessie's surgery goes well today, I understand how much you may be worrying and how guilty you feel. I felt the exact same when Darcy went for her spay but she was absolutely fine afterwards, a little groggy and feeling sorry for herself but by day 3 she was back to herself. I used a babygro (3-6 months) but I only used for the first 2 days as she didn't attempt to touch her stiches at all. You will feel much better when you get her home later :hug:

Well the little one is home, I picked her up at 2.30 !! couldn't belive how quickly I got her back. Anyway the nurse showed me the stitches and its a tiny little cut with only a few stitches. When Bella had her op I'm sure she had a larger cut, plus the plastic coller. Jessie is very sleepy, but she did manage some chicken. She tried to bark at a dog on telly but couldn't find her voice, bless. Bella was delighted to see her and had a good old lick of Jessie's face:d*g:. I just need to get her through the next 10 days and we're home and dry. Thanks for all the good wishes and I'll keep you posted.

Back