Am so upset. I know I haven't posted here in a while, but I had to do something while waiting for vet, and I know you lot will understand how scary this is.

Dougal is after eating a potentially fatal amount of dark cooking chocolate. I feel so guilty and so responsible, even though it's not really anybody's fault. The chocolate was kept in a bag at the back of a press behind lots of other things. Hubby was putting some groceries away in there when our daughter vomited quite suddenly all over me and I called him urgently to give me a hand. We were upstairs for about half an hour cleaning myself and herself up, and in the meantime the deed had been done. We didn't even notice straight away because the bag hadn't even been pulled out... it was behind a bag of flour which had been.

We only realised what had happened when dougal started vomiting chocolate and even then it took us a while to work out where he had gotten it. We rang vet's out of hour number and he said to just monitor him. We rang back when we realised it was a SUBSTANTIAL amount of dark chocolate and we are now waiting an hour until vet is available to see him.

Dougal has vomited at least 10 or 15 times so hopefully he has cleaned his stomach out. Drank two bowls of water and perked up in the past half hour so we are praying praying praying.

I don't know what I'd do if I lost him