Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Terrified... Dougal very ill

Post Thanks / Like

I know sins, that's the scary thing! The bag was pushed right in so I was just saying to Billy if he hadn't gotten sick, he could have died last night suddenly and we would never have known why. We've just been checking our presses and the lovely green & blacks organic cocoa we have would be highly toxic also. That's moving up to a high press! We're just starting to babyproof so we'll look at doggieproofing also. To be fair they can't actually open the presses, we just need to be more vigilant about keeping them closed, even when emergency calls!

Talk about death-by-chocolate...
    Cecily, owned by Dougal (B&T boy, age 2) and Dora (Blenheim female, age 2, rescue)

Cavaliers at the bridge, much missed and not forgotten: Aggie (tricolour female) and Rio (Blenheim female) and Tandie (ruby female)

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear that Dougal seems to have come through his choco-trauma relatively unscathed apart from, I imagine, a very sore tummy. . The trouble is they never learn. What a good job he was so sick.

Years ago my first ever cavvie - Lady ate my son's Easter Eggs - about 6 in total - was not even sick, just drank a lot of water and had no other ill effects. At that time we didn't realise that chocolate could be fatal.

One Xmas when we were away, my son was looking after Cinders and she ate a giant bar of toberlerone - luckily it was the white chocolate and she vomited most of it back up. But we were having major panic attacks in Malaga airport
    Sandra
    Minnie-May (6yrs) & Rosie the Rescue (approx 6 yrs)
    My Darling Cinders and Lady Jane waiting at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

So gad he is ok

He sounds like Pippin, if we turn our backs he's in the presses and is so small he often gets closed in there because no one notices him go in.

We keep anything he can get at out of his reach, with the result my large presses on the bottom are half empty, while the smaller top one's are crammed!

We are expecting our first granchild in dec, but we won't have to baby proof as the house is not so much dog proof, but super Pippin proof We learned our lesson after we had to pull him by the hind legs out of a large bag of JWB when he sneaked in under the stairs

I am so happy this ended well for him, but, I couldn't help but smile at the image of him licking what he threw up....so pleased he lived to tell the tale
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

Glad the little man is doing ok. That was a close thing and a lesson for all on this forum. Cavaliers are so naughty

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

any news on Dougal?
    Hope he is doing ok

Post Thanks / Like

Glad that he is ok, Toby once ate a full tray of milk chocolate in a few seconds flat with no ill effects, I took him to the vet who just said as it was milk chocolate he would be ok and also said that there was nothing could be done if it was dark chocolate, no mention of charcoal or anything else. Not exactly reassuring.
    Ben (Blenheim)

Still missing Toby (Blenheim) and Ciara (Black and Tan)
    www.tobydug.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

Just came back to check Dougal is ok.....glad to hear he's ok...

You gotta love them
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thank God he is fine! I followed your thread during the day at work, just hoping and wishing for good news.
    Charlotte & Christian
    Molly & Eowyn

Post Thanks / Like

So glad to hear he is ok,they don't half put us through the mill at times, do they!!
    Ryan, Lisa, and Kieran.....our 2 Blenhiem girls Lucy and Megan, Jake the Lab, and the old man of the house...Charlie

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cecily View Post
    Rang the vet there and he not only survived the night,
    I misread this, missed out the word "only" and was in tears What a relief he's ok. I'm so sorry I didn't see this thread till now.

I've heard the same thing happen with a dog and raisins. We can't trust our dogs not to hunt out these things, best to put on the top shelf out of reach, but I have a story for you.

My son, at the age of three, got a chair and climbed up to get some Ventolin syrup for his sister. She was only 2 and he fed her half a large bottle. With a heart rate of 150 beats a minute that you could hear from a distance and blood pressure of 30, she spent 3 days in hospital on a drip after having her stomach emptied. Wish I'd locked that medicine in a cabinet.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'