Thread: Pet insurance anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pet insurance anyone?

I am going to get my first Cavalier next month, and I am thinking it might be a good idea to look into pet insurance. Can anybody here reccomend a good company here in the states? I hate to simply buy over the internet without some input from other owners. Thank you, Veesha

Post Thanks / Like

I have insurance through PetPlan (gopetplan.com) and love it. I've been insured with VPI and AKC and didn't get much out of either. PetPlan has been great.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

I have done alot of research and seen the same question on here, and after what I read, I decided to insure with Pet Plan (www.gopetplan.com). It seems that they cover many genetic problems that Cavaliers are prone to that many other health plans do not. They get good feedback on here
    Erin aka Mommy to Polly (Blenheim) 3-30-2009 And Cat children, Salem, Emma & Ellie
    The love of my life
    "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
    Tobey- I miss you terribly my sweet boy. We will be together again

Post Thanks / Like

Oh thank you both so much for the input, my head is spinning from looking at all the different 'plans' and disclaimers from different companies...Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I have both of mine with Pet Plan - expensive but great cover....They settle direct with my vets too

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thumbs down

Great you mentioned this!!! VPI said they would cover MRI for Ella's SM did not. Friend had PetPlan and paid 70% of MRI and I'm not sure but I want to say I think Surgery. She said that the owner has Cavaliers!!!! So I would recommend Pet Plan. Don't quote me on the Surgery but I know for a fact she got the check for the MRI. Stay far away from VPI
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

Post Thanks / Like

Dixie is on Pet Plan too. You are very smast to get your puppy insured as soon as possble. You never know when you will need it. Good luck and post pictures of your new little one.