• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Going to see a puppy...

... I am in Atlanta, and I've had 12 Cavaliers since the late 1980's so I've been around for awhile. I've been quite active in breed health and pet owner education. I know of no breeder in the state that follows all of the recommended health testing (i.e., MVD protocol set by group of cardiologists, SM protocol, OFA hip, patellas, CERF for eyes, etc. ...

Thanks for confirming my suspicion about Georgia. I'd look north, skipping the Carolinas to Virginia, up to, say, Suffolk in that commonwealth, and then jump to Connecticut, around Hawleyville or Bridgeport.

I'd look north, skipping the Carolinas to Virginia, up to, say, Suffolk in that commonwealth, and then jump to Connecticut, around Hawleyville or Bridgeport.

And those are exactly the breeders that I would contact first - Pat and Anne.....and then I'd talk with a couple in the midwest area.

That said, I must report that in April I adopted a young female Blenheim that was found wandering the streets of suburban Atlanta - no collar/tag, no chip, no ads in paper, no missing report at local shelters. I took her to foster for a few days, and you know the rest of the story. I am a failed foster home many times over. She is the most pitiful example of a Cavalier I've ever seen - 8.5 lbs at 1-3 years old - I call her my Cavalier/rat cross. But she has the quintessential Cavalier temperament - happy, outgoing, playful, smart. Thus far, she has no health problems other than mildly luxated patellae. I purchased insurance for her right away, and she is chipped and registered now. She was just spayed last week as she came in season right after I got her, so I hope she bodies up a bit.

But.....if I were going to purchase a puppy, it would be a very different matter.

Pat

We found a puppy :) . I started a new thread, but thanks and good luck in your search!

Yes, I read your new thread about purchasing a puppy. But you are confused; I am not searching for a puppy, I was only responding to your questions in this original thread.

Pat

Back