Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anal Glands ----- Again

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

Since Saturday they have all been on 100 % raw and its all gone down no problem ,as I said prior I will feed over the next two weeks 50 % my preparation and 50 % Natural Instinct and keep an eye on their health and their poops and naturally any scooting

I think I have missed out the goats yogurt and the two sardines which went in later ,so we have lamb breast ,chicken wing ,apple,banana ,salmon oil ,shredded wheat one only ,cottage cheese ,bionic bionic ,one vitamin tablet,pinch of garlic powder and some N I tripe

Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Can I come for tea Brian?

Are you giving all that in one meal?
    My two would only get for example:- small piece of lamb for breakfast then chicken wing for tea. Then next day maybe Heart for breakfast and tripe for tea. Lamb is very fattening so would restrict intake.

One of my previous dogs had trouble with anal glands and she developed excema round her bottom which also caused her to scoot, problem cured with anti-inflammotry cream.

Nanette
    Last edited by HollyDolly; 27th July 2010 at 12:40 AM.
    HollyDolly

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

http://monsterchef.co.uk/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=1

Mincer for chicken pieces with bone, they also have a site on ebay

Nanette
    HollyDolly

Post Thanks / Like

I keep saying , , , if there is truly such a thing as reincarnation, I want to come back as one of Brian's Flower Power girls.

With Sophie, I rotate her meats every four days (which is a 2-lb pkge of her Oma's Pride). I learned to do that from reading some of the raw/home-prepared food forums. I won't mix the meats, as the constant daily exposure to the same protein source could lead to food allergies and she has enough of that already with non-meat items. Her meat sources are chicken, beef, turkey, lamb.

Your girls are very lucky dogs and they must love you to bits!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Nanette and Waldor

I am OK now with my raw supply of chicken and lamb but what part of a turkey do I look for at the butchers and the same with beef which part . I have acquired a prof big meat cleaver and a big chopping block and Nanette am looking at that meat mincer/grinder I did read on one of the raw forums that one should freeze chicken for a week before using ,is that right ,and somebody wrote vegs grown above ground equal soft poohs but below ground ,root I presume mean firmer ones but to exclude potato,any thoughts on that.
    Hi Waldor I would certainly like to rotate their meat source but I just need that bit more guidance and knowledge and to source my supply ,somehow I don't really fancy feeding Bugs Bunny .
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by team bella View Post
    In Bella's case its getting the clock face off the ground
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks for that Nanette, that's brilliant

E-bay link if anyone wants it

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Heavy-Duty-Mea...item2a08621ac5

Think it will be cheaper in the long run than buying from Natural Instinct etc - especially as there is a problem with delivery to me in that it usually takes 2 days, which is no good for frozen foods Most people like Berriewoods won't deliver this far North
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org