• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Phoebe is limping.

brid kenny

I was walking Phoebe today She stopped to lick her foot and has been limping since. There is no sign of a thorn on her paw and her dew claw seems fine. IS it vet time?

Get a bowl of warm water and dip her paw in to it. Hold it there for a little while just in case something tiny has lodged between the pads. Gently check in between the pads .

Hope it is better tomorrow.

A couple of days ago Oliver started limping badly. Turned out it was a small, hard lump of mud deep between his pads. As Claire said, bathing in warm water can often dissolve it, followed by a little rest to get over the soreness. Grass seeds can get deep between the pads at this time of year as well.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Oz also did this a few weeks ago. Never found any reason for his limping. He also didn't jump as much. I just monitored it, didn't go for walks, and after two days he was fine. I'm thinking he must have pulled something and he knew he just needed some rest.

Thanks everybody. Phoebe is fine today. Don't know what it was. But she's back jumping on the rabbit run!!:jmp::jmp:

Pippa is great Cecily. She started agility last week. She's not too bad at it. We were at the last hope day of fun in Navan today. They are both wrecked!

Glad Phoebe is back on form and that you all were doing the agility demo! How fun! Any pics?

Back