• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pet insurance anyone?

Veesha

I am going to get my first Cavalier next month, and I am thinking it might be a good idea to look into pet insurance. Can anybody here reccomend a good company here in the states? I hate to simply buy over the internet without some input from other owners. Thank you, Veesha

I have insurance through PetPlan (gopetplan.com) and love it. I've been insured with VPI and AKC and didn't get much out of either. PetPlan has been great.

I have done alot of research and seen the same question on here, and after what I read, I decided to insure with Pet Plan (www.gopetplan.com). It seems that they cover many genetic problems that Cavaliers are prone to that many other health plans do not. They get good feedback on here (y)

Oh thank you both so much for the input, my head is spinning from looking at all the different 'plans' and disclaimers from different companies...Thanks!

I have both of mine with Pet Plan - expensive but great cover....They settle direct with my vets too :)

Great you mentioned this!!! VPI said they would cover MRI for Ella's SM did not. Friend had PetPlan and paid 70% of MRI and I'm not sure but I want to say I think Surgery. She said that the owner has Cavaliers!!!! :jump: So I would recommend Pet Plan. Don't quote me on the Surgery but I know for a fact she got the check for the MRI. Stay far away from VPI :swear:

Dixie is on Pet Plan too. You are very smast to get your puppy insured as soon as possble. You never know when you will need it. Good luck and post pictures of your new little one.

Back