Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shape of Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Shape of cavaliers

Quote Originally Posted by Bet View Post
    SHAPE OF CAVALIERS

Sorry to go back to this again, but I have just been reading the Cavalier Breed Standard,and one thing that is mentioned is ,

That there should be no exaggerations which would be in any way Detrimental to the Health, Welfare or Soundness of this Breed.

I would think that the Long Backs that a number of Cavaliers now have from years ago, could this not be classed as an Exaggeration ,and could be giving a Health Problem , because of the Pressure that is being put on their Spine.

Bet
    SHAPE OF CAVALIERS

Could I mention this subject again,

Incase any-body is interested ,the Science Paper can be found at,

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%...l.pone.0011946

The Heading of the Paper is,

Human Induced Rotation and Reorganization of the Brain of Domestic Dogs.

The Paper mentions since Brachycephaly,has arisen from Generations of Highly Selective Breeding ,this Study suggests that the remarkable diversity in Domesticated Dogs' Shape and size appears to also have led to Human-induced Adaptations in the orginization of the Canine Brain.

Bet
    Particular mention was given to the SM Problem in our Cavalier Breed in this Scientific Paper
    Bet (Hargreaves)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Shape of cavaliers

Quote Originally Posted by Bet View Post
    SHAPE OF CAVALIERS

Could I mention this subject again,

Incase any-body is interested ,the Science Paper can be found at,

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%...l.pone.0011946

The Heading of the Paper is,

Human Induced Rotation and Reorganization of the Brain of Domestic Dogs.

The Paper mentions since Brachycephaly,has arisen from Generations of Highly Selective Breeding ,this Study suggests that the remarkable diversity in Domesticated Dogs' Shape and size appears to also have led to Human-induced Adaptations in the orginization of the Canine Brain.

Bet
    Particular mention was given to the SM Problem in our Cavalier Breed in this Scientific Paper
    SHAPE OF CAVALIERS

Just maybe I have been Vindicated after all in what I have been saying about some Cavaliers now having Long Backs.

A Prominant Cavalier Breeder has said that a Current Frightening Trend is the Tendency for some Cavaliers to be Long and Low.This completely spoils their out-line

Bet
    Bet (Hargreaves)