Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CKCS health-UK vs. USA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    Veesha,

I strongly suspect that you might have misunderstood the breeder and you were told that all ancestors five generations back were heart clear at age 5 (not 10) and were not bred before the age of 2.5 (not 5).

Check again with your breeder and I think you'll confirm that the ages you quoted were doubled for some reason.

Pat
    Whoops, I guess my supposition was incorrect as I see you posted in another forum that your breeder only breeds Cavaliers who are over the age of 4 and are heart clear so that's a different number than 5 or my guess of 2.5. So I'm not sure what the story is at this point. You said mom of pups is 7 and heart clear, and that is a good thing. But I'm more confused than ever about your breeder's age criteria.

Pat
    Pat B
    Atlanta, GA

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your words of wisdom. I have learned a lot from them. Since I have already paid in full for the pup, I will bring her home, and pray for the best....but prepare for the worst. I will invest the $350 per year for health insurance on her to be sure she has the best care possible. If she DOES develope SM and is suffering, I won't let her for long. Even worst case scenario...her life will be filled with love and affection no matter how long or short it is.
    Again, thank each one of you for your input, Veesha