• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cavalier Hair Question & new puppy advice

gml63

Hi All,
I am new to the forum. I am meeting/picking up my cavalier pup this weekend from an out of state rescue organization. He is a 4 months old Blenheim.

My apologies first if this sounds like a dumb question but he looks like he has very short hair....looks healthy but just short. I asked if he was shaved and they said no. Does their coat eventually come in and grow much longer?

Also, any advice you could provide on bringing home a new pup would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks!

His coat will fill out. Adult coats can vary quite a bit in final length. He may also be a bit behind if he was rescued from a puppy mill, or situation where he wasn't well fed. I wouldn't worry about it, and before you know it his ears will require daily grooming ;)

congrats on the new pup he sounds gorgeous ! dont forget to post pics when he's settled :) yes his coat should get longer as he grows ...

Back