Thread: Training / Obedience Classes Dublin / Wicklow area

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Training / Obedience Classes Dublin / Wicklow area

Hi All

Im not sure if im posting this in the right place.
    I am looking to take my 2 cavs to training / obedience classes. Not that they are bold, ive had some issues with Spud marking and I dont know if I have Cava trained right.

Now ive looked on the internet, but i really dont know where to start as there are SO many out there. I live in Blessington, so anywhere around West Wicklow, West Dublin, South Dublin area's will suit me perfectly.

Would anyone be able to help?

Clare
    Clare
    owned by Cava a Tri Color, age 1 & Spud a Blenheim, age 8 months

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You def want a rewards based class (no choke chains, no lead jerks) and lots of what is out there is frankly, appalling -- even from some trainers who claim to be rewards based.

I always highly recommend Dog Training Ireland, off the M50 near Blanchardstown. Given that you will only have 4 to 8 classes, it is well worth the slightly extra drive. They welcome children to co-attend, are very familiar with cavaliers, and even do cavalier-only obedience for us from time to time -- and help with cavalier rescue.

If there's interest, I am sure Tara would arrange a cavalier only class in basic obedience if there are enough to make up a class.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

If Tara did a cavalier only class, I would put my 2 in there!

I too can't recommend Dog Training Ireland enough, I have observed their training classes and have to say they are excellent, with clear instructions & the results are amazing.

I work in the Beacon, and live in Lusk, but I still make it to Blanchardstown to leave my dogs in to their Doggie Day Care during the week-unfortunately my dogs are not ready for class situations as yet as Des is still very scared from his life before he came to us, but Tara, Lisa, Emma, Michelle, & Laura (in DTI) have helped me with him and he is coming along brilliantly, still has a bit to go, but once he is able for group class, he will be booked in.

Hope this helps you...
    Lucille,

Des, Penny, Bonnie, Zoe & Georgia

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

thats great, i have sent them a message.
    Blanchardstown is not too far, i work in Parkwest so am practically on the M50!

I have also asked about a Cavalier only class, so see what she says.
    Clare
    owned by Cava a Tri Color, age 1 & Spud a Blenheim, age 8 months