• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Training / Obedience Classes Dublin / Wicklow area

Duffer

Hi All

Im not sure if im posting this in the right place. :rolleyes:
I am looking to take my 2 cavs to training / obedience classes. Not that they are bold, ive had some issues with Spud marking and I dont know if I have Cava trained right.

Now ive looked on the internet, but i really dont know where to start as there are SO many out there. I live in Blessington, so anywhere around West Wicklow, West Dublin, South Dublin area's will suit me perfectly.

Would anyone be able to help? :thnku:

Clare

You def want a rewards based class (no choke chains, no lead jerks) and lots of what is out there is frankly, appalling -- even from some trainers who claim to be rewards based.

I always highly recommend Dog Training Ireland, off the M50 near Blanchardstown. Given that you will only have 4 to 8 classes, it is well worth the slightly extra drive. They welcome children to co-attend, are very familiar with cavaliers, and even do cavalier-only obedience for us from time to time -- and help with cavalier rescue. :)

If there's interest, I am sure Tara would arrange a cavalier only class in basic obedience if there are enough to make up a class.

If Tara did a cavalier only class, I would put my 2 in there!

I too can't recommend Dog Training Ireland enough, I have observed their training classes and have to say they are excellent, with clear instructions & the results are amazing.

I work in the Beacon, and live in Lusk, but I still make it to Blanchardstown to leave my dogs in to their Doggie Day Care during the week-unfortunately my dogs are not ready for class situations as yet as Des is still very scared from his life before he came to us, but Tara, Lisa, Emma, Michelle, & Laura (in DTI) have helped me with him and he is coming along brilliantly, still has a bit to go, but once he is able for group class, he will be booked in.

Hope this helps you...

thats great, i have sent them a message.
Blanchardstown is not too far, i work in Parkwest so am practically on the M50!

I have also asked about a Cavalier only class, so see what she says.

Back