• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Happy birthday Lucy, my Golden Girl! 11!!

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Lovely Lucy turned 11 this week -- so hard to imagine she is now this fine age. She came to my parents at around 7 when retired by her breeder, and then came with me to Ireland when my father got a bit unstable on his feet. She is the most darling dog, with the sweetest little face and nature -- though she is prone to arriving downstairs with a sock or underwear!:eek:

She is still going strong and likes a nice long walk though she is slower and likes to take her time having a proper sniff of things she comes across. She of all my dogs makes me laugh all the time -- she always seems to be doing something funny. She lets the cats and other dogs know their place with a single loud bark if they come too close when she is guarding a dirty sock, for example. And cats she just finds generally insulting -- fine if they go about their business but quite impertinent if they jump up near her in her favourite position on the top of the back of the sofa...:rolleyes:

Here she is in one of the rare moments when she deigned to let Quincy snooze nearby...

4844485625_dfc1130a03.jpg

Happy Birthday to Lucy,she looks so adorable having her snooze.
:hppybdy:

Sins

Happy birthday beautiful girl. Loved reading about her Karlin, what a wonderful description of your Golden Girl.

Happy Birthday to a very beautiful old lady - who doesn't look her age!!

Wonderful to hear she's doing so well, I just love the oldies they have such character and have so much to give.

I agree; I just love their faces and they truly do have certain depth of character you really don't see in a younger dog!

She just makes me laugh -- last night we were sitting on the sofa, and Lucy was as usual, up on the very top back :rolleyes:. My partner's big GSD was a bit too interested in one of my cats who was back on a table on the side of the sofa that Lucy was perched upon. The cat was getting annoyed and gave a hiss -- which of course Lucy couldn't hear -- and we were just telling Charlie to go lie down on his bed when Lucy got annoyed at his head moving into HER space and gave one of her single grumpy warning 'harrumph!' barks -- and Charlie jumped backwards and slunk off to his bed. :lol: Lucy is about the same size as his head... but the young whippersnapper knew when he had been put in his place! :rotfl: I think the cat was a bit surprised to have Lucy seemingly on his side though.

Aww bless her, I do have a soft spot for Lucy, she has such a pretty face.

I like the new sofa too, not tempted to get leather with all those dogs?

Back