• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Poor Poppy.

*Pauline*

Poor little Poppy seems to be scratching far more than I first noticed. I've been watching very carefully and it isn't only when she's excited.

Just now she cried while she scratched for the first time, even Dylan doesn't do that :( I stopped her scratching by holding her foot gently and then gave her 30mg of Dylan's Rimadyl. Naughty I know, but I can't leave her in pain. I tried the ear acupressure that works a treat on Dylan but she doesn't like it. She's asleep, cuddled up with me on the sofa now.

Poor little Poppy seems to be scratching far more than I first noticed. I've been watching very carefully and it isn't only when she's excited.

Just now she cried while she scratched for the first time, even Dylan doesn't do that :( I stopped her scratching by holding her foot gently and then gave her 30mg of Dylan's Rimadyl. Naughty I know, but I can't leave her in pain. I tried the ear acupressure that works a treat on Dylan but she doesn't like it. She's asleep, cuddled up with me on the sofa now.

Poor little Poppy and poor you, such a worry when you just don't know for sure what is wrong.

Keeping my fingers crossed that it is not SM and there is some other explanation.

I'm feeling for you and poppy. Let's hope for the best even though its tough not to worry

I'm quite sure it is SM. I'm pleased she is going to get some expert help but at the same time I know what I'll feel like when I'm told she has it.

Poor Poppy, when is your appointment scheduled for? Fingers crossed that there is another explanation :xfngr:

I thiink Clare Rusbridge is back from her trip next week. I keep my fingers crossed for Poppy :xfngr:

I thiink Clare Rusbridge is back from her trip next week. I keep my fingers crossed for Poppy :xfngr:

Yes, when I originally emailed, I got an auto massage saying Clare was away but she did reply bless her on her holiday.

Hi Pauline,

Im really praying that Poppy is feeling better today. I know everyone says dont worry until you know what you're dealing with but with your experience you can only prepare for the worst.
Remember I was convinced Leo had SM, as was the neurologist at Cambridge?
We were both totally shocked that he didnt have it, (although CM of course does have it's problems)........I know you have more experience than I do but please try and look after yourself and keep positive.

Mel:hug::hug:

Hi

We are all with you and wishing you and Poppy the best.:)

bri
Pops ,Daisy, Rosie and Lily:)

Thank one and all.

Thanks Ann. Tonight I'm more worried about if toads are toxic. I just saved one from her. She's been scratching but not as bad as the other day.

Hi Pauline, I just read your thread on Poppy. I really hope he is ok. I know how hard it is to watch your little one suffer with symptoms and even harder waiting for information as to what extent the illness has reached or if he indeed has it. I am anxious to hear what Claire says about Poppy and I will be praying for him to start feeling better real soon. Please keep giving us updates.

Back