Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Jack

My friend and neighbour Helen's little ruby cavalier Jack passed away this evening after a short illness with MVD. I've known Helen and Jack ever since I got my first cavalier and Jack and Helen's other lovely dog Joy, a collie, were Jaspar's first dog friends. All of my dogs always brightened up whenever they saw Nellie coming up the street with Jack and Joy, and then just Jack, after Joy passed away. All the cavalier tails would be going in a big circle as they greeted one another!

He was a sweet and gentle little dog, though he enjoyed having a good bark at cars, cyclists, and cats! -- perhaps because he was deaf, he seemed to be able to spot a cat about three streets away. Jack was a therapy dog with PEATA in Ireland, just like Joy before him, and I would often see him heading off with Helen to the hospital in his little yellow PEATA therapy dog jacket, which enabled him to ride on public transport. He was a much loved visitor by patients, and he also appeared at the IKC annual dog show on St Patrick's Day with Helen as part of the PEATA parade.

I will miss seeing him as will my doglets and my thoughts are with Helen this evening, as this is a difficult loss. She sent me over some pictures so that I could post them with a memorial on the site.

Helen (in her PEATA shirt) with Jack!

Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Rest in Peace dear Jack. Your little light shined on so many people and helped them to feel better... that light will shine on in heaven now...
    Last edited by Desrae; 5th August 2010 at 01:20 AM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear about the passing of a beautiful cavalier. My condolences to you and Jack's owners. He was a lovely dog.
    J.
    J. and pups, Gem, Monty, Harley and Sapphire

Post Thanks / Like

God bless him and thoughts are with your friend Helen
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh I'm so sorry Karlin - please tell Helen that our thoughts are with her. Jack was a very special dog, it's fantastic that she could share such a wonderful personality with others through his hospital visits.

He sounds quite a character too!

I'm sure Helen will miss him desperately - and hope that one day she will feel able to find room in her heart and her home for another lovely Cavalier.

Thanks for sharing his story and photos - how old was he, he looks to be a good age?
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Please pass on heartfelt condolences to Helen.
    Sandra
    Minnie-May (6yrs) & Rosie the Rescue (approx 6 yrs)
    My Darling Cinders and Lady Jane waiting at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Helen regularly visits the site, so I know everyone's sympathies will be much appreciated.

Jack was about 11, so a good age. Helen isn't exactly sure because she took him into her home as an adult but she knows his approximate age then -- so he would have been around 11 now.

I don't think a week went by when my crew didn't all run into Jack out on a walk and mine just saw him either yesterday morning or the day before, so I am glad they had a last recent visit with him
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm so sorry Helen and Karlin for your loss. Let the angels watch over Jack now
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry he was beautiful
    ---Aileen
    cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky & Sam & Jake
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference. Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)