Thread: Poppy caught a toad...or was it a frog?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Poppy caught a toad...or was it a frog?

Poppy has been after this creature for weeks, I've had to spray the bottom of the fences with citronella to stop her spending ages with her nose stuck under the gravel boards.

I tried catching the little thing. I've never found one that escaped me but this one is very fast.

Well Poppy cornered him tonight and I dragged her off but she was back snorting. I took a good look and he was glistening, I hope that's not the poison toads excrete

Here he is, my neighbour held the torch while I caught him, rather stunned at this point and not even trying to jump. She took him down the road and let him go. (Oh no, Flickr has changed)
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cava is mental for catching birds / frogs & rabbits!

My bf's parents have a big country house with sprawling gardens, they keep chickens / ducks & geese ( she never bothers with these ). But they also keep cats, and can have up to 10 cats at a time. Now when Cava was a pup, she used to stay down there during the day and really bonded with a litter of kittens at the time. She would follow them every where and literally do what they did!

I dont know if it was her thinking she was a cat or her natural instincts but she often comes back with some sort of dead animal in her mouth! She doesnt want to eat it, just...........play with it ( which is WEIRD!!! )

Karls mam has told me its no harm, i dont know if everyday frogs give off poision? I could be wrong though, but i thought it was just jungle ones that are illuminous that give off poision.
    Clare
    owned by Cava a Tri Color, age 1 & Spud a Blenheim, age 8 months

Post Thanks / Like

I believe frogs are ok, it's toads you have to watch, some are lethal. I googled it and it seems if she had reacted to it, it would have been pretty soon after coming into contact. I cleaned her eyes, face and even wiped over the inside of her mouth with a wet flannel.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Glad it turned out ok

Iver loves chasing black birds when his out on his walks... But at home in the garden where the local dogs can't see him, he LOVES chasing butterflies (bless him)

Summer.
    TULA & IVER

Post Thanks / Like

eew, looks more like a turd than a toad
    Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....