Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some advice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Have you spoken to Clare about the fact that Dylan isn't neutered? I know a number of neurologists who have recommended that people neuter their male SM dogs (in particular) because they get far more worked up and excited when intact and this of course causes the CSF to circulate faster which is what contributes to the formation of syrinxes and pain. Unless there's a serious reason why he cannot be neutered, I would think it might help with pain for him to have a neuter done. Know three dogs off the top of my head who have had this strongly urged by their neurologist.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Karlin View Post
    Have you spoken to Clare about the fact that Dylan isn't neutered? I know a number of neurologists who have recommended that people neuter their male SM dogs (in particular) because they get far more worked up and excited when intact and this of course causes the CSF to circulate faster which is what contributes to the formation of syrinxes and pain. Unless there's a serious reason why he cannot be neutered, I would think it might help with pain for him to have a neuter done. Know three dogs off the top of my head who have had this strongly urged by their neurologist.
    I concur with Karlin's thoughts above!

Pat
    Pat B
    Atlanta, GA

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I will be talking to Clare about it when I see her. The plan is Dylan will be referred the same day as Poppy.

Clare has asked for part of Poppy's ovary to be sent to her. It's all very interesting. She wants Rna (Ribonucleic acid) from it. Rna helps in the manufacture of proteins in the cell. It basically copies genes and transfers them. (credit to Sinead for that information)

The problem is Clare is back on Tuesday and the spay is booked Wednesday. This means not enough time for delivery of the pot to carry the ovary. The spay may be postponed a few days.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Poppy's spay is postponed to Monday week, that's the 16th. So we are all set. This gives Clare enough time to contact my vet about the ovary. I can stop worrying for now.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Pauline As you know were away from tomorrow but we'll be thinking of you....hope all goes well
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)

Post Thanks / Like

Aw thanks Mel. I hope the weather is good for you. Have a great time and take lots of pics of that beach.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Lucy had two aneathetics in 20 days, 1st for her spay & 2nd for her patella op & my vet said that was no problem at all.

hope that helps!
    Sonia
    Cass (F - JRT - 25/11/97) Sparky (M - Blen - 11/01/08.) & Lucy (F - Blen - 12/11/09-ish!)
    Leo waiting at the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, yes thanks Sonia. We'll go for 2 weeks or more.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Pauline

Just thought if Poppy is getting spayed I have a soft collar you are welcome to ,so if it might help pls advise and I shall pop it in the post.
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Pauline, Jessie was spayed about 3 weeks ago and to be honest you'd never know she'd been done. I was amazed at how quickly she got back to normal. She was very sleepy the evening when she came home, next day a little brighter and by the 3rd day back to her crazy self. She had no bucket hat and I bought some cheap baby grows (Asda 2) for her to ware but she wouldn't keep them on, but that's her. I'm sure she will be fine. I have to say the 95 is a bargan, I paid 169.