Thread: A new friend

Post Thanks / Like

Default A new friend

I have been chatting to a lady who lives in the next street to me as she also has a cavalier. Her little girl is a 6year old ex breeding bitch that was rescued from a puppy farm.
    The poor little thing has lived in a barn for the last 6 years and has no social skills with other dogs and is totally bemused when Leo wants to play

Anyway today we are taking the dogs over the Forest for a good walk, Im hoping Leo is gentle and can help this little one remember she's a cavi He doesnt usually take no for an answer when he wants to play.
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

im happy & sad at your story!

sad for the poor cav being kept in a puppy farm & not having social skills

but happy for her as she has been rescued and looks like she has a new friend!! hopefully in no time she will be bounding along with her new pal!
    Clare
    owned by Cava a Tri Color, age 1 & Spud a Blenheim, age 8 months

Post Thanks / Like

Leo will probably be the best thing that could happen for her - he'll hopefully teach her to be the dog she was always meant to be
    Willow, Bertie & Finn [Blenheim & Tri Cavs],Eden [German Shepherd], Casper [BF Amazon], 2 ex-Bat Hens, 4 Cockatiels & a Barraband in a pear tree

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's great what you and Leo are doing for other cav I hope it all goes well!

We've met one person on our walks who has a Blenheim cav whom we have spoken to a couple of times.... and met many people who have had them in the past.
    Hayden
    Charlie (Tri)

Post Thanks / Like

Our day in the forest was fantastic

The little tri Millie was an absolute dream, she is very calm and Leo was wonderful with her. He seemed to sense that she didnt want to play boisterous games. They travelled in Leo's crate in the car on the way there and when we pulled up they were cuddled together in the back

They sat together whilst we had coffee as if they'd been friends for ever. We are definitely going to do this again, I think it was good for Leo as well as she seemed to transfer some of her calmness on to him.

Mel
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)