• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

A new friend

meljoy

I have been chatting to a lady who lives in the next street to me as she also has a cavalier. Her little girl is a 6year old ex breeding bitch that was rescued from a puppy farm.
The poor little thing has lived in a barn for the last 6 years and has no social skills with other dogs and is totally bemused when Leo wants to play:(

Anyway today we are taking the dogs over the Forest for a good walk, Im hoping Leo is gentle and can help this little one remember she's a cavi;) He doesnt usually take no for an answer when he wants to play.:biggrin:

im happy & sad at your story!

sad for the poor cav being kept in a puppy farm & not having social skills

but happy for her as she has been rescued and looks like she has a new friend!! hopefully in no time she will be bounding along with her new pal! :jmp2:

Leo will probably be the best thing that could happen for her - he'll hopefully teach her to be the dog she was always meant to be :)

I think it's great what you and Leo are doing for other cav :) I hope it all goes well!

We've met one person on our walks who has a Blenheim cav whom we have spoken to a couple of times.... and met many people who have had them in the past.

Our day in the forest was fantastic:pi*no:

The little tri Millie was an absolute dream, she is very calm and Leo was wonderful with her. He seemed to sense that she didnt want to play boisterous games. They travelled in Leo's crate in the car on the way there and when we pulled up they were cuddled together in the back:luv:

They sat together whilst we had coffee as if they'd been friends for ever. We are definitely going to do this again, I think it was good for Leo as well as she seemed to transfer some of her calmness on to him.

Mel

Back