• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

CAVALIER CARRIERS of MVD

Bet

I have Posted this on My Blog ,but thought it could be of interest to those of you who have not Read my Blogs.

I started to wonder if Cavaliers who were Heart Checked clear of MVD ,but could they still be Carriers of the MVDGene/Genes.

Unfortunately this could be.

It appears that the Precise Mode of Inheritance for MVD in our Cavalier Breed has yet to be established .

Dogs essentially die with the Genes that they were born with,so a Dog that carries One or More Deleterious Genes say for MVD ,will carry them throughout it's Life and will have the same chance of Passing them onto Off-Springs ,no matter what age the Dog is used for Breeding.

At the moment there does not seem to be any way of Detecting MVD Carriers ,other than by Pedigree Analaysis.

I would think that this means that it so Important to know about the MVD Status of the Cavaliers' Parents, Grand-Parents, and maybe even further back than that ,to know as to whether a Cavalier could be a MVD Carrier or not.

If Two MVD Cavalier Carriers are mated to-gether ,I am not sure about this,then could there be a MVD Problem for the Off-Springs.

This is why , for the Future of the Cavalier Breed ,the SM and MVD Gene/Genes have to be found, this is the only way that the Cavalier Carriers of those Two Diseases can be discovered.

Bet

Cavalier carriers of mvd

I have Posted this on My Blog ,but thought it could be of interest to those of you who have not Read my Blogs.

I started to wonder if Cavaliers who were Heart Checked clear of MVD ,but could they still be Carriers of the MVDGene/Genes.

Unfortunately this could be.

It appears that the Precise Mode of Inheritance for MVD in our Cavalier Breed has yet to be established .

Dogs essentially die with the Genes that they were born with,so a Dog that carries One or More Deleterious Genes say for MVD ,will carry them throughout it's Life and will have the same chance of Passing them onto Off-Springs ,no matter what age the Dog is used for Breeding.

At the moment there does not seem to be any way of Detecting MVD Carriers ,other than by Pedigree Analaysis.

I would think that this means that it so Important to know about the MVD Status of the Cavaliers' Parents, Grand-Parents, and maybe even further back than that ,to know as to whether a Cavalier could be a MVD Carrier or not.

If Two MVD Cavalier Carriers are mated to-gether ,I am not sure about this,then could there be a MVD Problem for the Off-Springs.

This is why , for the Future of the Cavalier Breed ,the SM and MVD Gene/Genes have to be found, this is the only way that the Cavalier Carriers of those Two Diseases can be discovered.

Bet

CAVALIER CARRIERS OF MVD

Can I add that ,Yes, Two Cavalier Carriers of the MVD Gene/Genes ,mated to-gether, can Produce Off-Springs who will have MVD.

What a Frightening Scenario the Cavalier Breed is now living in,since Two Cavalier SM Carriers mated to-gether will also Produce Off-Springs with SM.

Bet

Back