• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Penny & Bonnie had their operations

Zoe bowie

Hi all,

Just thought I would let you know that after much deliberation and chats with my vet, I decided the best thing for Penny & Bonnie was to proceed with the operations as advised, the reason for this decision are;

Penny's tonsils were so inflamed her throat was almost closed, she was having difficulty breathing and just wasn't herself for approx 6 weeks. She had been on 2 courses of antibiotics and a 4 week course of steroids, but nothing worked to get the inflammation down-the underlying cause for this level of infection are Leukemia or lymphoma, the only way to know was to take the tonsils out, Paul doubts it is either of these, but we will wait on lab results.

Bonnie's anal gland was severely infected and again she had been on steroids and antibiotics for a month, but the infection wasn't clearing, she was very uncomfortable, she was leaking puss and mucus everywhere, she stank, and her skin was getting sore from washing her and from the infection.

So the decision was made to do the operations, both went in yesterday morning to Paul, and he did an amazing job, Bonnie's anal gland was so infected it oozed puss as it was removed but it came away brilliantly with little or no bleeding-she is doing amazing since she came home, not that sore and she already seems brighter in herself and doesn't smell! AND no incontinence!!

The difference in Penny is unbelievable, she is back to her mad little self, running around, playing chase with Des, full of energy...she didn't bleed at all after the operation and even ate her dinner last night. I am so glad we decided to do the operations, for my 2 girls it was the right decision. Paul couldn't have done a better job & he was so amazing not just with the girls but with me and all my questions before, during and after the operations, he has followed up on them twice last night, first thing this morning and again just there-to me that is the best service I have ever had from a vet :)

So pleased they are both ok - a very stressful time for you all, but it sounds like it has been successful - paws crossed that Penny's results come back clear :flwr:

Your vet sounds wonderful - definitely one to keep!

Thinking of you all and hoping for a good recovery for both girls.

So glad both the operations have turned out ok. Sound like you have a fantastic vet.
:xfngr: for Penny’s results.

Back