Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Go

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default First Go

Hi

I decided to have a go at macro photography so bought a decent tripod and a 150 mm f2.8 macro lens and a 1.4 tele converter so my first efforts on a not helpful breezy day.

Dahlia

Dahlia and Bee

Rosie,s Nose

Dahlia

Rosie on a breezy day toady

Dahlia

Daisy couldnt be left .

Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

WOW they're amazing pictures Brian. You could have them blown up and put on canvas, they'd be fantastic. Wish I could do something like that. Well done

Post Thanks / Like

great photos! I'm still trying to learn how to set up a shot manually....shutter speed, aperture, exposure etc etc etc................all mind boggling stuff and constantly doing my head in maybe some day it'll all sink in
    Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....

Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful pictures Brian, as always!
    Daisy's face is so,so beautiful.
    ..Life wouldn't be complete without a beautiful cavalier at your feet..
    xxxx Mummy to Murphy, aged 8. MVD wont stop my precious boy! xxxx
    28/09/09 Gotcha Day <3

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful pictures.
    Like Claire said I am also still trying to get my head around AV, TV and the rest. I am lucky that I meet a lady at agility that got a Cannon and is a professional photographer and when she explained things it was easier to understand then reading the manual that is a big as the bible.
    One Question what is macro photography?
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing photos!!
    ~Tara~

Cavalier: Riley- born 9. April. 2010 (B & T)
    Spaniel Mix: Sophie- Gotcha Day 7. Dec. 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful photos, Brian! The breeze didn't hurt the qualities at all. Wonderful of flowers , pups and bee

Heather R

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

aHi Sabby

This is someones description of macro photography rather than me who knows very little.
    http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4079/...02590749_b.jpg

But I shall take advatage and introduce Daisys new friend who we see on walks

This is Max I think hes a Bull Mastiff but hes daft AND little Lily said we missed her out too

aAaBMNSQMDQFDFWFUAAAAAAAAAAANNANANAaaAA[FAnaaad Lily didnt want to AAAansaaSDDF aNDAaaaaaaCSVGSQWGSANSbeleft outONT=Arial]rue macro” is the ability to produce an image that is as big (or bigger) on the film plane (or digital sensor) as it is in real life…this is where we get the term “lifesize” or “1:1 magnification” as it is used in macro lingo. The term “magnification” is important because true macro photography does not involve “zooming” or getting cloaSFE/GB/BBH.ser to a subject; instead, we are relying on the lens itself to magnify the image that will be projected onto the film plane. In other words, just because your Sony F717 has a minimum focusing distance of 2 cm doesn’t mean that it can produce “lifesize” images by merit of its ultra-close minimum focusing distance. Zooming and how close you are to the subject really have nothing to do with macro; it’s mostly in the magnification properties of the lens. Still, just because you don’t have a true macro rig doesn’t mean you can’t get great insect close-ups.[/FONT]
    hat is meant by “true macro” is the ability to produce an image that is as big (or bigger) on the film plane (or digital sensor) as it is in real life…this is where we get the term “lifesize” or “1:1 magnification” as it is used in macro lingo. The term “magnification” is important because true macro photography does not involve “zooming” or getting closer to a subject; instead, we are relying on the lens itself to magnify the image that will be projected onto the film plane. In other words, just because your Sony F717 has a minimum focusing distance of 2 cm doesn’t mean that it can produce “lifesize” images by merit of its ultra-close minimum focusing distance. Zooming and how close you are to the subject really have nothing to do with macro; it’s mostly in the magnification properties of the lens. Still, just because you don’t have a true macro
    doesn’t mean you can’t get great insect close-ups.
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Well Max doesn't look very flower like love the photos and love the photo of Rosie
    Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim

Post Thanks / Like

Brian, you might like this on Facebook.

Click here for Macro Photography.

....¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨
    ¨°º¤ø„¸Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's ¸„ø¤º°¨
    ¸„ø¤º°*¨''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'¨°º¤ø„¸
    ,¸„ø¤º°¨'*"¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨ "*'¨°º¤ø„¸