• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Grass Seeds Strike Again

Sandrac

Cinders and Minnie have both previously had them in their ears, so I've taken all the precautions over the past couple of years - keeping ears trimmed shorter, inside and out, to try and stop those dreaded grass seeds.

Today Minnie has had a great time at agility and afterwards while we put the equipment away she was allowed to run free in the field to chase a few birds (it is one of few places where she can do this safely). She must have got a bit uncomfortable with her SM and decided to have a head rub in the grass which is very dry. Within a few minutes she was shaking her head quite excessively and I just knew.:(

So had to ring emergency vet and got an appointment 30 minutes later. Vet couldnt see anything in her ear, so had to keep her in to sedate her to go in deeper.

Just had a phone call to say he found the dreaded grass seed deep down in her ear. Can go at 6.30 to pick her up, with an extortionate bill f £350 to pay:eek: thank goodness for insurance!

Poor Minnie and what a worry for you, hope she feels better soon :hug:

Oh they are just such a bloody pain.
Ruby rolls around on the grass all the time and it is only a matter of time im sure! She had one in her foot a few weeks back and yesterday inherited another in between her pads on her back foot.

Luckily she stays awake while the vet removes them as she is really good at the vets so the charges havent been particularly high!

Oh my goodness! See what trouble those long beautiful ears can get them into? Good to know she's ok now.

Back