Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Season

Post Thanks / Like

Lady went into heat exactly 6 months to the day she was born....and 4 days before her spay was scheduled! Grrrr... so we're having to wait 6 weeks!
    Lucky Day, M, Blenheim, born May 17, 2008
    Lady Love, F, Blenheim, born January 10, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

So Lady is bleeding again....is this a double heat?!

Has anyone ever experienced this before?? It hasn't been long enough to spay her since she first went into heat and she's very swollen again and bleeding just as much as last time...I'll call the vet tomorrow to inquire, but wondering if anyone has any info...

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, very likely a split season. Just chat with your vet anyway to put your mind at rest.
    It's one of those things that you begin to wonder if it will ever end but I'm told some people choose to give antibiotics as a precaution if you have a split or prolonged season,this is where a good vet comes in.
    I mentioned it to mine while I was down to him with another dog and he wasn't the slightest bit sympathetic and told me it was to be expected with first seasons.
    I would treat her as being in season and keep all precautions in place for another three weeks.
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like

Well the vet called back and said we can go ahead and move forward with the spay we have scheduled next Friday (10 days from today). I asked if it was more dangerous because I had been told this in the past and she said that since it's a small breed dog she doesn't have a problem doing it while she's in heat / split heat. That if it was a large breed she wouldn't do it. Has anyone ever had their Cavalier spayed while in heat??

Post Thanks / Like

By my working out Cassie is on day 17 now. We'll be glad to get back to normal and go to the woods!! Street walking is BORING!!

Barney has been showing some interest today so maybe she's passing into the next phase, it's been a bit of a learning curve all round really!

Overall not too bad though Cassie's been keeping herself fairly clean with a little help from me!!