• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Poppy is being spayed tomorrow.

I hope Poppy is doing better today...I just left my Molly in today she seems so little to be getting spayed but she is already hit 6 months...I am so anxious just want to have her back home...she cries with the slighest amount of pain so fingers crossed.

I hope Poppy is doing better today...I just left my Molly in today she seems so little to be getting spayed but she is already hit 6 months...I am so anxious just want to have her back home...she cries with the slighest amount of pain so fingers crossed.

Thinking of you today and wishing Molly a speedy recovery. :hug:

I dropped Millie off this morning, and am expecting to collect her at about 16.00.:xfngr:

I hope Poppy and Molly are doing well.

Nick

Aww thanks everyone. Thinking of you and Millie Nick :hug:

Some pictures for you. First the little one sleeping it off. We have taken up camp on a mattress on the lounge floor as Poppy is a jumper. It's not unusual to find her on the dining table so I have to keep a very close eye on her.
4900943084_0b5f358934.jpg

Stitches. Very small, less than two inches. As you can see by the size of her teats, she's most likely been a mum which is sad given her SM symptoms.
4900351425_ce0d4834ff.jpg

Her ovaries for Clare Rusbridge's SM research.
4900965376_a99b259db3.jpg

And this morning hiding under Mummy's dressing gown and not coming out!
4900373925_e8a94ee9d5.jpg

Aw, poor Poppy hiding under mam's dressing gown, she must be feeling sorry for herself!
Her stitches look very neat. Wishing her a speedy recovery and big hugs :hug:

Sending hugs to Molly and Millie also :hug:

Well Molly is home and fast asleep in her bed just letting out the odd cry. Had a good chat with vet and she thinks Molly wont grow anymore...she is still tiny and weighs just 3.8 kilos seems so small.

Poor pet also had her baby teeth taken out so drooling everywhere!

I am glad it is over I was so tense all day.

Hope Poppy and Millie are on the mend

Millie is home too!:p She was a bit "woozy", and is wearing her buster collar. She slept well last night, and was more like her old self this morning. Buster Collar will be on for 5 days, and stitches come out after 10.

Nick

Oh Nick, that's a shame, Poppy doesn't have any stitches to come out. Can you take a pic of them? Hope she is feeling better soon. Be careful not to let her jump. It's hard stopping them though! Poppy isn't licking her wound she more bothered by her itchy "Brazilian"!

Last edited:
Sorry for bumping your thread pauline but i didn't want to start a new one.....anyhoo little fudge got spayed yesterday and after all the stress and worry on top of realising just how quiet and empty the house is when they're away, i'm amazed at how quickly they bounce back , i must admit it was quite upsetting seeing her after i picked her up so dopy and still in pain for a few hours she looked so miserable but gradually the tail started to twitch then waggle like a loon later in the evening and i knew she was perking up , came home this evening to find her waiting at the door bright as a button and gazing up at her hanging lead...being under the weather doesn't last long with these dogs...lol

Last edited:
meant to say but how trusting was everyone on there dog leaving they're stitches alone?....fudge doesn't seem to be interested at all in hers so do you think it would be safe to leave her without a collar or keep it on just to be safe?

Back