• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Poppy is being spayed tomorrow.

*Pauline*

Hi everyone, sorry I've been a bit quiet, I have been quite stressed as usual! Poppy's spay is tomorrow. I gave my vet the sample tube and instructions from Clare Rusbridge about how to prepare her ovary for donation. The vet will keep it in the fridge and I will post it to Clare. He's a really nice vet, we have had to liaise over this sample donation and I think he's a very nice laid back man who knows his stuff.

I've been cleaning like mad today, getting through a mountain of washing and tidying up the study which turns into the junk room periodically. The dogs know something is up. Now I have to find something to do tomorrow to keep me busy. My kind neighbours have offered to drive us to the vets. It's not far but Poppy is having a bath tonight and I want her to be clean for her operation. I'm grateful as I did't want to go on my own.

Good luck, Poppy

I cross my fingers and send you my best hopes for her. I didn't even know that you could donate her ovaries. Maybe it's a stupid question, but what kind of research is it for?

Well I've just cleaned the lounge floor and my daughter's bed room carpet, Poppy has the runs. :sl*p: We are sleeping in the lounge tonight as the floors are wooden here.

Good luck with the spay.... I know you will be so happy when it is over, and she is home.

Good luck to Poppy with her little op, and brilliant about the eggs being donated for research!! (y)

She will be fine, she might even get a nice little cone! Cava got one after her spay, after a few funny incidents she realised it could be used as a weapon for scraping on my legs & arms!!

hugs to Poppy from Cava & Spud :hug:

Thanks Tania and Clare. The vet said she won't need a collar but we'll see. Brian sent me a very posh collar modelled below a few days ago so we will be using this if need be.
4881993592_3f01295a71.jpg

I mowed the lawn and made some chocolate cookies for the surgery staff. Keeping busy! :v*cuum:

Would you let me know who made the collar, it would be good to recommend for people in the future........Molly didn't need a collar, it was as though it never happened.

I`ve been thinking about you today and wondering how things are? My Spangle was great and didn`t have any problems and no collar. I was so worried too! :hug:for when she gets home.

Hi Pauline,

Sorry to hijack your thread about Poppy, but Millie is being spayed tomorrow morning as well.

I am so nervous for her, and know exactly how you feel.

Nick

I got the call to pcik her up at 3;30pm. I think they should have kept her longer, no one needs to see their dog so dopy. She has screamed a couple of times. I called the vet who said I can't give her the painkillers yet as it would overdose her as she has had an injection of painkillers. I could however bring her in for a different pain killer. She isn't up to traveling again so as long as she keeps still, she is ok.

Would you let me know who made the collar, it would be good to recommend for people in the future........Molly didn't need a collar, it was as though it never happened.

Sorry Tania, Brian did ask me to send you the details, I forgot. They are called Comfy Collars. Here's the link:

COMFY COLLARS.

Glad she is out and home. :flwr: Maybe if you crate her, that would help her to stay calm and to sleep quietly? Is she comfortable in a crate?

Thanks Karlin, she hates the crate, she doesn't freak out but she will cry. She is trotting around occasionally now.

poor little pet, Cava was like that. I just wanted to wrap her in cotton wool! Wouldnt even let Karl near her, I was like a very over protective mother!!!

:hug:virtual hugs for her, she will be right as rain in a day or two

Back