Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lilly Put to sleep, severe pancreatitas on 17/8/10 age 4

Post Thanks / Like

What an awful way to love a beloved pet. I am so sorry for your loss. How lucky that you found this board and will get so much guidance to a new pet. Cavaliers are such a special breed and so worth the effort and cost to find a good breeder.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default lindylou

so so sorry to hear of your loss of lilly such a young age. please dont buy from a puppy centre as i bought a blemhem colour in 1980 and named him sam he was 8 weeks when i bought him and sadly pts at 14 weeks with distemper. thinking of you as my eyes are filled with tears.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Alan

I am so sorry for your loss & totally understand you need to find a puppy to help ease the pain. Please consider a rescue dog, I adopted Penny from Karlin, when she was only 9 months old, she is a little fire cracker, she gives so much love & makes us laugh everyday! She is now a year old & life just wouldn't be the same without her!!

Whatever you decide to do, I hope your pain eases..I really am sorry for your loss
    Lucille,

Des, Penny, Bonnie, Zoe & Georgia

Post Thanks / Like

As far as i am aware buying from the King Charles Cavalier Club of Ireland does not guarantee a health tested puppy or dog unless things have changed when i was looking for a cavalier i contacted several breeders in the club all charging around 600 euro none where doing any certified health checks and when i asked i was told that the club did not require it of members at that time this was two years ago.
    I did buy my black and tan girl from a lady in the club, but no health testing had been done on the parents. She is a beautiful example of the breed and i have had no health problems with her so far. Maybe things have changed since i bought her and the club now requires its members to health test. Lets hope so.