Thread: Spaniel Breeders Bite Back

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spaniel Breeders Bite Back

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/834...g__accusation/

Thought you might be interested in this.
    Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Spaniel Breeders Bite back

Quote Originally Posted by Tania View Post
    http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/834...g__accusation/

Thought you might be interested in this.
    SPANIEL BREEDERS BITE BACK.

Thanks Tania for this, have contacted the News-paper about the Article, saying that I really do feel that it is only a Public Relations Exercise to Blind the Cavalier Buying Public to the Health Problems that are Afflicting the Cavaliers.

Bet
    Bet (Hargreaves)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Shame they only chose to speak to PETA. They would give this viewpoint on any breed. What was lost was a good story about celebrating the breed in its historic location, while also hopefully raising some awareness and increasingly pushing for good breed health -- and the need for breeders to focus on this, not just the shows. Inbreeding is not what I would consider the major breed health issue in this breed at this time, and close family breedings are hardly practiced much any longer -- and there are far more nuanced voices than PETA, which has an animal rights agenda many working for better animal welfare do not agree with. Doesn't sound like the PETA person even had a clue about cavaliers, it is just a rote response on dogs .

I have always credited them where credit is due on raising the issue of fur and fur farming practice long before anyone else did. But after that point I would not share their perspective nor support their approach to campaigning on issues.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Just read the article. I don't quite understand the Cavalier Club.
    I was so shocked about the BBC. Why do they want to ban CKCS from Crufts
    ..Life wouldn't be complete without a beautiful cavalier at your feet..
    xxxx Mummy to Murphy, aged 8. MVD wont stop my precious boy! xxxx
    28/09/09 Gotcha Day <3

Post Thanks / Like

I had a grin at Peta's description of Cavaliers as a 'fancy breed' - looking at Oliver who is covered in black mud having found a very muddy pond on yesterday's walk! Nothing fancy about him, just a small spaniel with a passion for water and hunting!

Kate, Oliver (who will get bathed tonight!) and Aled

Post Thanks / Like

Me too Kate!! Cassie covered in something unmentionable that she rolled in yesterday definately not posh and fancy lol!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Banning breeds from Crufts is a terrible idea, it won't solve any health problems, just sweep everything under the rug.

I don't know much about the event at Blenheim, but to label it as only a PR stunt seems excessive. It sounds like a really lovely event for cavalier enthusiasts, and owners to get together.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kate H View Post
    I had a grin at Peta's description of Cavaliers as a 'fancy breed' - looking at Oliver who is covered in black mud having found a very muddy pond on yesterday's walk! Nothing fancy about him, just a small spaniel with a passion for water and hunting!

Kate, Oliver (who will get bathed tonight!) and Aled
    Loved reading that!!! They aren't just spoiled little lap dogs are they??? I think forget they are "Spaniels"!!

I don't know much about the event at Blenheim, but to label it as only a PR stunt seems excessive. It sounds like a really lovely event for cavalier enthusiasts, and owners to get together
    Totally! I have two club members who are breeders at this event right now. They were so excited about it and I can't wait to hear about their experience. These are two breeders who care deeply about the breed and are just looking to celebrate the breed they love so much.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Spaniel breeders bite back

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy T View Post
    Loved reading that!!! They aren't just spoiled little lap dogs are they??? I think forget they are "Spaniels"!!

Totally! I have two club members who are breeders at this event right now. They were so excited about it and I can't wait to hear about their experience. These are two breeders who care deeply about the breed and are just looking to celebrate the breed they love so much.
    SPANIEL BREEDERS BITE BACK

Why I mentioned the Phrase PR Exercise, it can't be forgotten and was in the Press at the time, about some Cavalier Breeders trying to collect 8,000,to try and give the Impression that the Cavaliers have no Health Problems.

Bet
    Bet (Hargreaves)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Spaniel breeders bite back

Quote Originally Posted by Bet View Post

Why I mentioned the Phrase PR Exercise, it can't be forgotten and was in the Press at the time, about some Cavalier Breeders trying to collect 8,000,to try and give the Impression that the Cavaliers have no Health Problems.

Bet

Any-body who knows me will know how much I detest the Puppy Farming Industry,and all Cruelty to Animals, I even pick up Worms so that they will not be Squashed by Cars.!!

Now to the reason for this Post ,I just cannot understand why some Cavalier Breeders keep persisting on Blaming the Puppy Farms for the MVD Problem in our Cavalier Breed.

The Cavalier MVD Figures are mostly from Data of Cavaliers taken at Cavalier Shows .

Surely no-body can think that many Cavaliers at the Cavalier Shows will have come from Puppy Farms.

If I am wrong in saying this ,maybe some-body can tell me who also supplies the MVD DATA Figures for the Records to be being kept.

I don't know about this ,but I dont think that many Vets will be supplying this information .

If I can go back to when the Cavalier Breeders were first being Warned about how Wide-Spread the MVD Problem was in the Cavalier Breed by Dr .P.Darke, the CKCS Club's Cardiologist ,from MVD Surveys he carried out at Cavalier Shows in1983, I don't think there would be many Cavaliers around at that time from Puppy Farms.

Bet
    Bet (Hargreaves)