• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Spaniel Breeders Bite Back

Shame they only chose to speak to PETA. They would give this viewpoint on any breed. :rolleyes: What was lost was a good story about celebrating the breed in its historic location, while also hopefully raising some awareness and increasingly pushing for good breed health -- and the need for breeders to focus on this, not just the shows. Inbreeding is not what I would consider the major breed health issue in this breed at this time, and close family breedings are hardly practiced much any longer -- and there are far more nuanced voices than PETA, which has an animal rights agenda many working for better animal welfare do not agree with. Doesn't sound like the PETA person even had a clue about cavaliers, it is just a rote response on dogs :rolleyes:.

I have always credited them where credit is due on raising the issue of fur and fur farming practice long before anyone else did. But after that point I would not share their perspective nor support their approach to campaigning on issues.

Just read the article. I don't quite understand the Cavalier Club.
I was so shocked about the BBC. Why do they want to ban CKCS from Crufts :confused:

I had a grin at Peta's description of Cavaliers as a 'fancy breed' - looking at Oliver who is covered in black mud having found a very muddy pond on yesterday's walk! Nothing fancy about him, just a small spaniel with a passion for water and hunting!

Kate, Oliver (who will get bathed tonight!) and Aled

Me too Kate!! Cassie covered in something unmentionable that she rolled in yesterday definately not posh and fancy lol!!!!

Banning breeds from Crufts is a terrible idea, it won't solve any health problems, just sweep everything under the rug.

I don't know much about the event at Blenheim, but to label it as only a PR stunt seems excessive. It sounds like a really lovely event for cavalier enthusiasts, and owners to get together.

I had a grin at Peta's description of Cavaliers as a 'fancy breed' - looking at Oliver who is covered in black mud having found a very muddy pond on yesterday's walk! Nothing fancy about him, just a small spaniel with a passion for water and hunting!

Kate, Oliver (who will get bathed tonight!) and Aled

:D:DLoved reading that!!! They aren't just spoiled little lap dogs are they??? I think forget they are "Spaniels"!! (y)

I don't know much about the event at Blenheim, but to label it as only a PR stunt seems excessive. It sounds like a really lovely event for cavalier enthusiasts, and owners to get together

Totally! I have two club members who are breeders at this event right now. They were so excited about it and I can't wait to hear about their experience. These are two breeders who care deeply about the breed and are just looking to celebrate the breed they love so much.

Spaniel breeders bite back

:D:DLoved reading that!!! They aren't just spoiled little lap dogs are they??? I think forget they are "Spaniels"!! (y)

Totally! I have two club members who are breeders at this event right now. They were so excited about it and I can't wait to hear about their experience. These are two breeders who care deeply about the breed and are just looking to celebrate the breed they love so much.

SPANIEL BREEDERS BITE BACK

Why I mentioned the Phrase PR Exercise, it can't be forgotten and was in the Press at the time, about some Cavalier Breeders trying to collect £8,000,to try and give the Impression that the Cavaliers have no Health Problems.

Bet

Spaniel breeders bite back

Why I mentioned the Phrase PR Exercise, it can't be forgotten and was in the Press at the time, about some Cavalier Breeders trying to collect £8,000,to try and give the Impression that the Cavaliers have no Health Problems.

Bet

Any-body who knows me will know how much I detest the Puppy Farming Industry,and all Cruelty to Animals, I even pick up Worms so that they will not be Squashed by Cars.!!

Now to the reason for this Post ,I just cannot understand why some Cavalier Breeders keep persisting on Blaming the Puppy Farms for the MVD Problem in our Cavalier Breed.

The Cavalier MVD Figures are mostly from Data of Cavaliers taken at Cavalier Shows .

Surely no-body can think that many Cavaliers at the Cavalier Shows will have come from Puppy Farms.

If I am wrong in saying this ,maybe some-body can tell me who also supplies the MVD DATA Figures for the Records to be being kept.

I don't know about this ,but I dont think that many Vets will be supplying this information .

If I can go back to when the Cavalier Breeders were first being Warned about how Wide-Spread the MVD Problem was in the Cavalier Breed by Dr .P.Darke, the CKCS Club's Cardiologist ,from MVD Surveys he carried out at Cavalier Shows in1983, I don't think there would be many Cavaliers around at that time from Puppy Farms.

Bet

Back