Thread: Safe: Urgent - 3 Cavalier mixes in Meath Pound

Post Thanks / Like

Default Safe: Urgent - 3 Cavalier mixes in Meath Pound

http://www.dogsindistressforum.org/v...410249a68b1876

"Beamer", "Buick" and "Bentley"

http://www.lasthope.ie/?page_id=26

"Rusty" and "Podge" (can't see the other)

Very urgent - all need out asap, due to be PTS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've left a message with Meath Pound to note I will take any of these that have not already gone to rescue. I really wish DID would just get in touch rather than leave cavaliers or cav crosses to die though. They have posted several such dogs as 'about to PTS'. There's a network of us that would have taken all three of them out.

If anyone wants to offer any of these dogs a home by going directly to the pound, you should do so first thing tomorrow. You need to go to the pound and it is only open 11-12:30 unfortunately. Call first to see if they are still even in.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Karlin View Post
    I really wish DID would just get in touch rather than leave cavaliers or cav crosses to die though. They have posted several such dogs as 'about to PTS'. There's a network of us that would have taken all three of them out.
    I am sorry I can't help, it makes me go cold to think of what is happening to these poor little souls
    Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

They seem to have all gone to rescue or been homed though the DID page is not clear on the exact situation or who has them as a couple of rescue help dogs in that pound. Often Dogs Trust takes dogs on the pts list there and at least one cav cross was being offered a direct home.

If anyone is talking to DID at some point, let them know again that they can always contact me or Tara at Dog Training Ireland with any cavalier or cavalier cross. They should never, ever be urgent pts-risk dogs as we would take them. Meath Pound also knows this so would guess had any of these actually been on an urgent pts list, they'd have phoned. I did leave a phone message but I know they regularly would home small dogs such as this within a day or two or they go to Dogs Trust if not another rescue.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

yeah it is very annoying when this happens , a lady in Another county rang me the other day panicking that there was 16 dogs in a dublin pound the other day and were about to be pts at 6pm that day , of course we all know that was not true , as some of them had not even done there stray time AND it was not a Dublin pound at all , i dont understand all constant misconceptions