Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blenheim Palace Show

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks so much for your posts Kate, and all the pics -- really wonderful to see all the dogs. The Clever Cavaliers cavalier precision team have been very generous supporters of Rupert's Fund; I would love to see one of their performances and that must have been a treat!

The Dog Rose is very cute.

Thanks Bet for the early history details!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

It looked absolutely wonderful ,oh I wish I went and I would have enjoyed every minute and even meeting people off CC .With regard to the club auction I was in the lead with four items so I wait for the actual auction on the day to see If I actually won any ,if I do there is one I would like to keep and the other three cold be raffled on CT over a period of time ,proceeds of coarse to Rupert's Fund ,but first I have to see if I did win any .

Ref " For The Love Of Ollie " I have not heard from Lucille who wanted the book first so I shall wait till close of play on Wed then if nothing would anybody else like it for a small donation to RF then once read if that person can pass it round again CT members only please.
    bri
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    It looked absolutely wonderful ,oh I wish I went and I would have enjoyed every minute
    You'll have to get more adventurous, Brian! If an OAP like me can travel for four hours each way (five in the morning because of the bus breaking down) on four buses there and back, I'm sure you could manage to whizz down a couple of motorways! Hope you get your auction things.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karlin View Post
    Thanks so much for your posts Kate, and all the pics -- really wonderful to see all the dogs. The Clever Cavaliers cavalier precision team have been very generous supporters of Rupert's Fund; I would love to see one of their performances and that must have been a treat!

The Dog Rose is very cute.

Thanks Bet for the early history details!
    I have heard from one of the Clever Cavalier team who tells me there is another generous donation, collected at the Blenheim show, on the way to Rupert's Fund.

Such remarkable dogs & owners
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

They deserve a special mention as they have donated several times, very generously, and it is wonderful that they again have chosen to collect donations after a performance for Rupert's Fund. Their collection at the Blenheim show is also a great symbol of the support from such a wide swathe of cavalier lovers to help combat syringomyelia in our favourite breed -- breeders, pet owners, aficionados, and secret cavalier admirers!

I also want to say thanks to the several board members who have recently sent in very large fundraising donations as well. Once these are totalled for a full amount I will give a public thanks, and we will up our RF official total! I kn ow Penny is away at the moment so need to wait for her official tally as she tracks all donations and lets me know when there can be a public thank you.

And of course a special thanks to the board members who took Rupert's Fund leaflets and talked to people while there -- the one on one contact and the presence of some supporters and fundraisers is often the very best way to raise awareness generally and answer people's questions.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

Loved reading that Kate!!! You made it sound so real for me all the over here! Great pictures and loved reading the highlights of your trip. The blind boy who enjoyed the silk coats.....so sweet.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Blenheim palace show

They deserve a special mention as they have donated several times, very generously, and it is wonderful that they again have chosen to collect donations after a performance for Rupert's Fund. Their collection at the Blenheim show is also a great symbol of the support from such a wide swathe of cavalier lovers to help combat syringomyelia in our favourite breed -- breeders, pet owners, aficionados, and secret cavalier admirers!

I also want to say thanks to the several board members who have recently sent in very large fundraising donations as well. Once these are totalled for a full amount I will give a public thanks, and we will up our RF official total! I kn ow Penny is away at the moment so need to wait for her official tally as she tracks all donations and lets me know when there can be a public thank you.

And of course a special thanks to the board members who took Rupert's Fund leaflets and talked to people while there -- the one on one contact and the presence of some supporters and fundraisers is often the very best way to raise awareness generally and answer people's questions.

BLENHEIM PALACE SHOW

I have put this on my BLOG ,and think it could be of interest on this Thread.

After Reading the Posts about the Blenheim Palace Cavalier Show at the Week-End,I think the best thing to have come from it is that the Cavalier Pet Buying Public have now been made so aware about the SM and MVD Problems in our Cavaliers.

Also that there were Pamphlets being distributed about RUPERT'S FUND.

This is so important for our Cavalier Breed , that those SM and MVD Genes must be found ,then the Carriers of those Two Diseases have a chance of being discovered ,this is the only way that the Cavalier Breed will have a FUTURE.

In the mean-time ,Prospective Cavalier Buyers MUST ask to see a Certificate from the Cavalier Breeder to Prove that Health Tests are being carried out on their Cavalier Breeding Stock .

Also, this is so Important as well,that Buyers of Cavaliers must ask the Cavalier Breeder the Age when the Cavalier Breeding Stock is being Mated and if the Health Status of the Grand-Parents is known.

If the Cavalier Breeder cannot supply the Answer to those Questions ,then go to a Cavalier Breed who can.

The CKCS CLUB'S RECOMMENDED BREEDING GUIDELINES FOR SM AND MVD ARE.

NO CAVALIER TO BE BRED FROM BEFORE 2.5 YEARS OF AGE .

THE HEALTH STATUS OF THE GRAND-PARENTS TO BE KNOWN AT 5 YEARS OF AGE

Bet
    Bet (Hargreaves)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If health issues were highlighted, that is a plus for all, including (and especially) the breed.

It is a shame -- and rather shocking -- to see elsewhere though that there's a picture of the woman, a former cavalier breeder and judge, who was convicted a while ago of 83 counts of animal cruelty when 83 cavaliers and other small breed dogs were found by the RSPCA in an appalling state in her home and had to be taken into care.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/688360.stm
    http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Cruel+...gs.-a060816751
    http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-19100766.html

She is sitting at the book signing table!... And she is now reinstated as a judge -- having judged a show not long after Pedigree Dogs Exposed aired.

And yet we keep hearing from some breeders about how there is too much focus on breed health and not enough on puppy farmers/mass breeders who keep dogs in horrendous conditions, and who apparently are not prosecuted -- yet it is the breed clubs and breeders who rushed to defend this woman... as far as I can tell this is one of the highest numbers of animal cruelty charges ever successfully brought against an individual in the UK. I have seen actual puppy farm situations in Ireland that were more humane than the pictures accompanying this article.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Blenheim palace show

If health issues were highlighted, that is a plus for all, including (and especially) the breed.

It is a shame -- and rather shocking -- to see elsewhere though that there's a picture of the woman, a former cavalier breeder and judge, who was convicted a while ago of 83 counts of animal cruelty when 83 cavaliers and other small breed dogs were found by the RSPCA in an appalling state in her home and had to be taken into care.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/688360.stm
    http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Cruel+...gs.-a060816751
    http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-19100766.html

She is sitting at the book signing table!... And she is now reinstated as a judge -- having judged a show not long after Pedigree Dogs Exposed aired.

And yet we keep hearing from some breeders about how there is too much focus on breed health and not enough on puppy farmers/mass breeders who keep dogs in horrendous conditions, and who apparently are not prosecuted -- yet it is the breed clubs and breeders who rushed to defend this woman... as far as I can tell this is one of the highest numbers of animal cruelty charges ever successfully brought against an individual in the UK. I have seen actual puppy farm situations in Ireland that were more humane than the pictures accompanying this article.
    BLENHEIM PALACE SHOW

I believe that she will be Judging in America shortly.

Yes I do wish that we could get an exact figure of Cavaliers from Puppy Farms in the MVD DATA List,I am not sticking up for the Puppy Farms, I hate those Places, but I will say again ,that the Cavalier Breeders cannot blame all the MVD Problem in Cavaliers on the Puppy Farms.

That many of the Cavaliers are examined at Cavalier Shows will be Cavalier belonging to CKCS CLUB Members, and not Cavaliers from Puppy Farms.

So perhaps it's time that some Cavalier Breeders owned up to this fact,and stopped trying to kid the Cavalier Buying Public about this .

Bet
    Bet (Hargreaves)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If breed club members want their pleas about puppy farms not to sound just like a hollow spin exercise to deflect attention from the serious health issues in the breed, then they absolutely cannot have one set of standards for welfare, cruelty, neglect, abuse and the evils of puppy farming for everyone else, then another standard when it applies to 'their own'. To re-elevate someone who was convicted in a public court of 83 -- 83!!! -- counts of cruelty -- on the basis that well, she really does like dogs and it was all a misunderstanding and the person was just overwhelmed... just beggars belief.

This was not someone caring for say, rescue dogs who might accidently end up suddenly inundated with too many to manage, but someone *breeding and selling these dogs* over time. One does not end up with 83 dogs, much less 83 neglected dogs, simply because a family member is ill and you forget to look after them. It takes a lot of time to accumulate that number. Few show breeders would ever have such numbers, and you'd need a large hygienic kennel to keep so many. Not stacks of filthy plastic dog crates. This was large scale neglect which is why 83 separate counts were brought against this woman and why 83 counts were upheld. By contrast the notorious Michael Vick faced nothing like as many counts of cruelty.

It is truly an indictment of the legal system though if judges only think this level of neglect warrants just banning someone from owning a dog for two years and a tiny fine. Consider what the taxpayer had to pay to cover the costs of rescuing 83 dogs. I know what the cost is for ONE dog -- on a very conservative estimate I would guess the ultimate cost was close to if not more likely well over 10,000.

Curious that it was our old friend, the Kennel Club's Caroline Kisco, who also defended her judging at Crufts only two weeks before her conviction on the basis that she hadn't yet been proven guilty. Had the person been a teacher or carer charged on 83 counts of cruelty, they would have at least been suspended from duty til after the outcome. Astonishing that the Kennel Club defended having such a person judging when they knew the trial involved 83 counts of cruelty to dogs!! But how much has that whole 'protect our own and blame the outsiders' system changed if this woman is back being rolled out as a judge and given prominent recognition at the Blenheim show? What does that say about any commitment to the dogs as opposed to the people in the show world who are not just quietly supported but publicly re-elevated despite, let me say it again, conviction on 83 separate counts of cruelty to the very breeds they judge. Surely the breed club and decent breeders must draw a line somewhere -- and the world can only judge it immoral not to draw it at a point that stops such a person from ever judging the breed she was convicted of *abusing*!!

I am glad that Blenheim clearly provided a wonderful opportunity to cherish and celebrate this breed -- but it has also provided yet another appalling own goal for the club, reminding that the KC and breed clubs clearly do not even have their house in order and lack any credibility to lecture about puppy farmers when they give not just safe harbour to such people but stick them back up in the show ring. It is really beyond shocking.
    Karlin