• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Blenheim Palace Show

Blenheim palace show

BLENHEIM PALACE SHOW

ROD,

This my last mention about the BLENHEIM PALACE SHOW ,only to say ,how pleased I was to see such Emphasis put on the Health Problems in our Cavaliers at the Show

Cavalier owners will now have it brought home to them about the Perilous State the Cavalier Breed is in because of SM and MVD and only when buying a Cavalier ,buy from a Cavalier Breeder who Health Tests their Cavalier Breeding Stock and follows the Breeding Guidelines as Recommended by the CKCS CLUB

Finally though ROD, maybe you can tell me why some Cavalier Breeders are so Up in Arms when ever I mention about the Cavaliers' Heads being Smaller than they were years ago,is it a Slur against them, I just can't Fathom this out why it is causing so much Ill-Feeling , what is wrong with say this, ...

Bet

BLENHEIM PALACE SHOW

I was'nt going to mention the Blenheim Palace Show any-more but I had Posted on another Cavalier Forum saying how the Orginizers were to be Praised for putting such an Emphasis on the TWO Health Problems Afflicting the Cavaliers , SM and MVD, and making the Cavalier Pet Owning Public aware about them.

There was a Reply to my Post from a Cavalier Breeder here in Britain ,mentioning about the Blenheim Palace Show ,but I was really disappointed to read that she made no mention of the Emphasis that had been put on the Health Problems in the Cavalier Breed.

Bet

Blenheim palace show

BLENHEIM PALACE SHOW

I was'nt going to mention the Blenheim Palace Show any-more but I had Posted on another Cavalier Forum saying how the Orginizers were to be Praised for putting such an Emphasis on the TWO Health Problems Afflicting the Cavaliers , SM and MVD, and making the Cavalier Pet Owning Public aware about them.

There was a Reply to my Post from a Cavalier Breeder here in Britain ,mentioning about the Blenheim Palace Show ,but I was really disappointed to read that she made no mention of the Emphasis that had been put on the Health Problems in the Cavalier Breed.

Bet

BLENHEIM PALACE SHOW

If I could make a further Comment about the BLENHEIM PALACE SHOW, I have just received my Copy of the Book about Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, and noticed in the Acknowledgements and Grateful Thanks was the name of Caroline Gatheral.

Since this Book was on sale at the Blenheim Palace Show ,I wonder if there was a more direct Connection than just between 2 Old Friends meeting up at the Table as was claimed in another Post in a Cavalier Forum and that the Photo was just accidental.

In the Back-ground of this Photo is a Cavalier Breeder holding up this Book I have just mentioned ,

I don't really think though ,that now Some Cavalier Breeders can use this Excuse any longer that they won't be associated with the Kennel Club's Accredited Breeders' because of the involvement of Puppy Farmers being in it,after knowing about what had been involved with a Cavalier Breeder and Judge.

Could I also mention about the Book , some-times ANN'S SON is Called ANN'S SON and in the same Page called ANNE'S SON, this different Spelling could be mis-leading to those interested in Cavalier Pedigrees.

Bet

... Finally though ROD, maybe you can tell me why some Cavalier Breeders are so Up in Arms when ever I mention about the Cavaliers' Heads being Smaller than they were years ago,is it a Slur against them, I just can't Fathom this out why it is causing so much Ill-Feeling , what is wrong with say this, ...

It is not a slur; it just flies in the face of the facts. I am not a breeder, and I am "Up in Arms" about your comments regarding head size, too. When you go up against the establishment, Bet, you need credibility, and to say that Cavaliers have smaller heads than they did in years past is not credible. To many breeders, this is a "head breed", and that means, in part, the bigger the better.

I do agree with you about the new book, Bet - as a professional editor, I was really frustrated at the number of typing errors and muddled text in it! It's a shame - the book itself (especially the photos) is very interesting, pity about the lack of editing/proofreading. If it goes into a second printing, I'll offer my services!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

To many breeders, this is a "head breed", and that means, in part, the bigger the better.

Sorry totally disagree (the bigger the better) but can I please try and put a stop to the endless discussions on head size. We all know that this beautiful breed has health problems and continuing to lay the blame at the door of the breeders for head size will serve no purpose.
Knowledge, encouragement, working together, support for one another when a dog is diagnosed with MVD or SM or any other health problem is needed not putting people's backs up all the time.

No matter what I would not have changed my life living with Cavaliers for anything.

Nanette
xxxx

Blenheim palace show

I do agree with you about the new book, Bet - as a professional editor, I was really frustrated at the number of typing errors and muddled text in it! It's a shame - the book itself (especially the photos) is very interesting, pity about the lack of editing/proofreading. If it goes into a second printing, I'll offer my services!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

BLENHEIM PALACE SHOW

Kate,

Yes , I will say again when you are dealing with Cavalier Pedigrees they have to be so Carefully done, in this Case of ANN'S SON and ANNE'S SON, it can upset Research work,it is so important for Researchers that the Pedigrees are Accurate.

This is what I always felt about ANN'S SON and his Pedigree ,that there could be doubts about it, and when Geneticists went back as far as him they could be up against a Brick Wall.

In the Cavalier Book have a Read about what Amice Pitt says in pages 118-120.

Bet

Some nice photos of the Blenheim weekend on the Cavalier Club website.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Back