Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Importance of Rescuing/Adoption

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't agree with you more. It's absolutely wonderful that you opened your heart and home to such a special boy. I'm sure that Charlie is looking down on you now and smiling, saying I LOVE YOU, with his paws up on your shoulders. Last year we adopted our first cavalier, Penny from Indiana (we live in Michigan). I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Post Thanks / Like

This is such a beautiful story ! What a big heart you have !
    A friend of mine is adopting a 5 year old female Cavalier that the breeder basically says she is retiring ( comes w/ health certificates, etc.). Personally...I couldn't part w/ any dog I would have that long....but my friend is thrilled she is getting her. She picks her up in a few weeks. I know she will give her a very loving home. She had mixed feelings.. since she had a Cavalier that passed away a few years ago of MVD. So she was hesitant of whether to get a puppy or an older dog.
    She decided on this one.
    I am going to share w/ her what you wrote here...as I believe it to be very "inspiring".
    *Diane ~ Mom to~
    Wrigley ( Cavalier) Zeb ( Labrador) & Jake ( Labradoodle)

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for writing this thread. I believe people should adopt too. I am hoping to adopt an older cavalier(2yrs). Puppies are cute but you're right...people should adopt older dogs . They need a loving home too,if not more.
    Last edited by Christin1994; 16th January 2014 at 03:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant post, our rescue DJ is like sticking plaster to me when I sit on the sofa at night
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

Without doubt re home or adopt one that needs a new home, as well as my Chorrells who we bought as a pup we now have 2 more tri's one is a 5 yr old ex puppy farm bitch and the other I brought home with me after going to collect a Springer (I work in Springer Welfare) the owner was being evicted and asked me if I wanted the 'little thing in the corner' else she would be left behind to her own fate, there was no way I could leave her so she came home with me, she even let me have her KC paperwork, they had mated her with a JR but vet spayed her to prevent it happening again, I took her to the vets the next morning and she had extensive dental work where they removed 11 of her rotten teeth at a cost of nearly 250! It was a risk I took but I'd do it all again as she is a delight and I wouldn't be without her, she will be 9 yrs old this year and she screamed every time she was picked up or had a lead attached to her collar, it took many months of gentle care and she now accepts a harness for walks and I can trim her paws without it sounding as if someone is trying to kill her, she's a cheeky, greedy little girl and as brave as a lion and I hate to imagine what would have happened if I hadn't been there for her. I have to stop myself from looking at all the rescue sites and coming across little Cavaliers as I know I would want to help more, with 14 dogs living at home with us, 10 of these are rescues that no one wanted due to their ages and conditions, I have to be sensible(!) but if you have room, love and can afford it then please help a rescue even if it's just so they can spend a few weeks, months or hopefully years being loved and cared for, it's wonderful to see them happy and content, there's nothing like it!
    Sandy