• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Stains on Undercarriage- is it from wee or ?

Desrae

Hi there. Sorry if this is TMI, but I've been wondering about this for a long time and I cannot find the answers I need via Internet or books. I won't be rushing my Belle into the vet because of a bit of stain on her undercarriage. She seems to feel fine and be oblivious, but I'm worried about what it is...

Belle, who is spayed, has purplish brownish reddish stains on the area from where she wees. It's been there for a while. I was thinking that it was maybe her natural colouring, but now I'm worried it's not... I don't know. Recently, I thought I noticed the purplish stains on her mouth after she cleaned herself. Belle is a clean girl, she cleans herself every time after she goes, and for a long while at that! Is this why it has a strange colour? I would take a picture and post it but that would be obscene and Belle is a lady and wouldn't appreciate her undercarriage being on show like that... thanks very much for your time and hopefully I can get some answers and maybe I'm worrying for nothing.

Are you talking on her skin or her hair? It just sounds like urine stains and maybe some yeast growth in the damp hair in the area. On the other hand if you have any discharge discolouring the area there could be an infection especially if she is licking the area a lot? Maybe some others have different thoughts!

My lady has a brownish colouring to her vulva area, it's just general discolouration from pee and licking at it. Her hair in that area should be white but has discoloured over time. I cut the hair and the skin colour returned to the normal white/pinky colour quite quickly so now I just keep the hair trimmed (also helps with preventing drops of pee hanging around too!). Nothing to worry about at all.

It's the same idea as while dogs that get discolouration from saliva around their mouth - Bichons and such. Just general colour change due to bodily sectretions.

Just to note - if it is smelly of oozy in any way, it should prob be seen by a vet to rule out infection.

Thanks for the answers, this is what I suspected, just stains... it's not oozing or smelly, Thank God! It just looks strange, I guess. Belle just got a grooming and lots of extra hair was cut and her private area is quite within view now, so I got worried. Poor girl! Thanks again.:thnx:

If stained "fishy" smelling and squatting to urinate frequently, then I would wonder about an urinary infection and/or bladder stone problems. If there is a non-smelly reddish tinge then it is probably ordinary staining.

It is possible that yeast or mite activity is adding to the problem.

For reddish stains on feet, on the 'stop' between the eyes, in the petticoats, in folds under eyes or stained chest hair ( the last two both Japanese chin problems ) a very little Thornit powder carefully placed will often sort out the problem.

Back